Where Do All The Sexiest Heels Vanish To?

Heelfan

Hello Folks! Here's a thought for you all to ponder on: WHERE DO ALL THE HIGHEST AND SEXIEST HEELS COMPLETELY VANISH TO? THE GOOD NEWS: Surf the Net's suppliers of shoes of 5" and over, and you will find dozens and dozens of them, nay hundreds(!), all stocking many styles of skyscraper heels. The Little Shoe Box, London alone makes hundreds a month, estimating them to be purchased by men and women wearers in roughly equal numbers. When you add up all the coiuntless factories and retail outlets, these skyscaper shoes are being manufactured and sold in the many THOUSANDS every month. THE BAD NEWS: It's tragic that we never get to see them being worn and enjoyed! My friends on this forum will tell you that I'm as keen a heel-sighter as it's humanly possible to be, and I have travelled extensively throughout the UK, and Europe and the whole world. And yet in forty-eight years of enthusiastic heel-spotting, I'VE NEVER SEEN MORE THAN ABOUT FIVE PAIRS OF HEELS EXCEEDING 4 1/2" BEING WORN IN PUBLIC. That is so very sad and disappointing for me, and I'm sure for many others of you as well. I've just seen those once-in-a-decade 5" or 5 1/2" heels clicking along the pavement, and twice only (once in New York and once in London) I've seen 6" heels being worn. But that's totally dismal compared with the HUGE numbers of skyscaper heels being manufactured and sold every single month and bought wordwide on the Net. Obviously then, vast numbers are bought purely for bedroom and closet wearing, but SURELY there must be some lady high heel enthusiasts who feel daring enough to wear 5" plus heels outside, even if only for a short fling at a nearby restaurant or party? But where are they? Don't you agree with me that it's sad, folks, and what are your explanations for this "Vanishing heels" phenomenon? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

The number of manufacturers making women's shoes for sale in department and shoe stores around the world must literally be in the hundreds. The number of manufacturers making women's shoes with heels 5" or higher must literally be only 40 or 50. Most women buy shoes with lower heels and more fashion appeal than men buy plain high heel pumps, sandals and boots. (if you doubt me, just take a look at the number of styles of boots with 3½" stiletto heels that are on display at your local mall and shoe stores.) Women chose, buy and wear shoes for comfort and fashion. Most (not all) men buy high heels to satisfy a fetish interest. Therefore, is only stands to reason that the limited supply of extreme heels are gobbled up by men and women that are interested in that style of shoe and their number isn't but a very low fractional percentage of the entire female population looking for shoes. Therefore, even though they're out there, the chances of spotting a young man or nice looking woman wearing heels higher than the most popular, "in" styles is very low. I to wish it were different. However, too bad, so sad, it isn't. :-?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for the reply Chris, but can I say in a friendly way that you've slightly missed my point. What I was endeavouring to say was that there are huge numbers of very high heeled (5", 5 1/2", 6" and 7") shoes being manufactured and sold every week. I've visited several of the factories, (Little Shoe Box, Leatherworks and another one near Northampton) and have been amazed and impressed at the sheer numbers (hundreds every week) being made and sold. Even if they are not being sold to you personally, they are certainly being sold to somebody, in fact to very large numbers of people, and yet they never seem to be seen in public at at any time following the point of purchase. Cheerfully yours, Heelan

Onwards and upwards!

Heelfan: If I were to guess, I'd say they disappear into the bedrooms of the world and very rarely venture further. All of my previous girlfriends had several pairs, but they were pretty much indoor shoes. Or in the case of those brave few you didn't mind venturing out in them, it was to parties where they would not have to walk much. Most ladies want to be in as little pain as possible when going out and hence aren't going to pick shoes with such a high heel, especially the kind I think you're referring to (6" heel, no platform). If they do, they are truly rare. I heard them referred to as diamonds in another thread. How very true. But with that said, if you ever make your way to the west coast of the US, take a trip to San Diego on any Friday or Saturday night. You'll see any heel height and style you can imagine proudly being worn by some of the most riveting ladies you've ever seen.

Healfan wrote:

What I was endeavouring to say was that there are huge numbers of very high heeled (5", 5 1/2", 6" and 7") shoes being manufactured and sold every week. I've visited several of the factories, (Little Shoe Box, Leatherworks and another one near Northampton) and have been amazed and impressed at the sheer numbers (hundreds every week) being made and sold.

You've made my point, exactly, Heelfan. Convert the total number of pairs of very high heels manufactured to a percentage of the total number of women's shoes, in all styles, manufactured and you will see that the percentage is very small.

However, your point is well taken when you ask what happens to all the pairs of extreme heels that are made? Because, you very rarely see a pair being worn in public.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Not to reiterate what is already said, comfort and safety being a concern. Also the stigma of being associated with prostitutes or unwanted attention it draws plays a big role. Lots of maribou heeled slippers are made and sold daily, yet are rarely seen in public. They are just not made for public usage, even if they have the capacity to do so. I must be fortunate to say that I do see it out in public probably more so than the majority here. My location being a big reason. The heels that do go to those heights are usually on a platform bed however. Of course you can always go to a gentlemen's club to see skyscraper heels. :-?

Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?

I know that heel maufacturers like Sunset Strip Shoes, Tony Shoes, Ellie Shoes, Jante, Pleaser, and Maya shoes which make "stripper" plats as well as single soled shoes and boots annd then you have Leatherworks and LSB which offer the more "hand made experience" read "expensive" I also know that they are making a fortune - the "Exotic Dancer" style plats (6" at least) are favoured by Exotic dancers because they are stable while being sexy looking and still having that "danger" feeling! that only plats can provide! I also know that leatherworks and LSB would also be making a bundle! (their ballet heels must be making them "lots" -I was going to say "millions" but BB's aren't a mass market item (at least I don't think so) later, TXT-1

A couple of you have mentioned platform shoes. Well yes, of course I've seen a good number of those on the streets with heels in excess of 5" but they don't count. Platforms are "cheating" and a 6" heel with a 2" platform is really only a 4" heel as far as it's lift is concerned. No, when starting this thread, I was purely meaning to talk about non-platform shoes with proper heels of 5", 5 1/2", 6" and over, giving serious heel-wearers the actual lift of those heel heights. I'd love to have seen more shoes of those heights in public during my life than I actually have done. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

heelfan, ok plats may be "cheating" but I know that "cheating" factor is one of the main reason why plats are everywhere in the "adult" industry! I try anything more than a 4" heel though :-? even a pair of ballet boots like Ruud's (I wouldn't buy them though... not at the prices here! ($1050 AU), that price is for LSB BB's Pleaser now sells BB's for about $350-$400 au! till wouldn't buy a pair! (I'm a lazy arse!) However I am thinking of getting a pair of Tony Shoes "Hot-5" 6" sandals (just take my former "avatars" rip off the platform unit and replace it with a single soled 6" heel! but I don't want to buy a pair of heels that I don't even know if I'd be able to walk in! later, TXT-1

Most of Tony Shoes platforms are molded one-piece units, so you can't take the platform off without sawing it off. There would be no sole left, and the shoe wouldn't be very strong. The platforms are hollow, not solid. Also, the angle of the heel would be all wrong.

Where have the sexy shoes gone? Today's newspaper had an article on Mexican restaurants in the area, and featured a picture of one of the new ones a couple of miles from my home. Prominent in the picture was a girl wearing a tank top, low rise jeans with bright red rolled up cuffs, and stiletto platform sandals. There's one pair in public, anyway. :-?

Thanks for the reply Chris, but can I say in a friendly way that you've slightly missed my point.

Cheerfully yours, Heelan

Erm, yes I did seem to. Sorry. While a lot of very high heels are sold, I'm prepared to bet that they're not being bought for everyday wear. While there are a couple of exceptions (Laurie and Anita for two) most women just don't wear heels that high. If they're being bought as fetish wear, then they're unlikely to see the light of day.

After all, there are loads of places that sell rubber catsuits but I've never seen one worn in public.

Touching slightly on my original post, if I'd spent £150+ on a pair I'd be reluctant to expose them to the risk of pavement cracks, dog poo etc.

Chris

Thanks to the internet and playtime with my girl friend, I get my fill of high heel images to keep me satisfied.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Yes, the platforms are loud. Try getting a thin rubber sole like some of the Chinese made shoes have. Then they are very quiet. I try to walk softly when I don't want to be too obvious.

Most of mine have a smooth plastic sole which is relatively soft. It picks up small rocks which gouge it badly. A pair or two have a hard, pebbled sole which is impervious to almost anything. Both are noisy. I have seen a ribbed soft rubber sole on some Chinese shoes, which is almost silent. I have not tried to buy replacement soles.