Just joined the forum

Hello to all, I have been reading the forum for a while now and since I have the same interest's thought I'd join up. I have admired boots and heels since about 12 years old. Haven't been able to act on this until about 4 years ago when I finally purchased a computer and started searching the internet. Since I have a US size 11 foot local purchase has been nill. Purchased my first pair of knee boots,2" platform and 5" heel about 4 years ago and now have a second pair. I do have 2 new pair ordered. Knee boot with 5" stiletto and thigh boot with 5" stiletto which should arrive today. Now the problem will be telling the wife of 19 years. She has no idea doesn't have the interest in heels..Wish me luck...Jimnj3

Welcome, and hope it goes well with your wife. Have a look around, there are plenty of posts re: telling your SO (good and bad) so have a read through and you'll see like I did you are not alone in your passion for heels, and needing to tell your wife.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

I've been wearing girls/women's shoes since I can remember (3 or 4 Yrs old). I got my first pair of high heels when I was 12. I learned early that I could never quit and that denying this aspect of my personality existed only made me miserable. Therefore, I decided around the age of 18 that I would be open and honest with any women I was dating if it appeared our relationship would develop into more than just the normal "boyfriend, girlfriend" attachment. When it became obvious that my wife and I were going to be more than just good friends, I told her about my high heels. I gave her the chance to evaluate my total personality and the choice of continuing or stopping before we went too far and children became involved. I was truthful from the begining. If you've been married for a few years you should already have some idea how she feels about men wearing women's clothing. Take your "Q" from what you've learned, or sound her out, and go from there. If she is "strongly" against the idea, then you might want to delay telling her right away or at least until you've laid the ground work, thus eliminating the possibility of turning her completely against you (which has happened). Sometimes it isn't the fact that you've told her about your feelings for high heels, it's the fact that she based her relationship with you upon a "learned " personality that wasn't entirely complete because that trait wasn't one of the factors in the mix when she chose you. She might be more angry by the idea that you weren't telling her the truth about yourself from the get- go. Then again, she might accept the fact and continue as before. However, once you tell her, she will never look at you the same way again regardless of how she takes the news. It's a big step. Caution is the better part of valor. However, if yours is a strong relationship it should survive. Lots of luck.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for the info. I will be taking it slow for now and wait for the moment that feels best to me. I do not want to destroy our 19 years together. My wife isn't a high fashion person and doesn't have any shoe with a heel over 2". She is always telling me I need another pair shoes so that may be the time to say I need to try something different and bring the subject up....Jim