My first pair of Thigh High Stiletto Boots!!!!

Kerridwyn

Kerridwyn:-)

I take it that the zipper itself is still working, but just the little pull-tab has broken off. I have repaired zippers with this ailment through the years by using a paperclip for a pull-tab. You can also buy a new pair of shoelaces and make a small loop through the zipper end pull and knot it into a small circle that you can get a couple of fingers into and you will be able to pull the boot zipper up and down with that. I have repaired a lot of boot zippers with that method. Let me know how you make out on the zipper repairs.

You can also lube a tight moving zipper by rubbing the end of a candle up and down the closed zipper and then run the zipper up and down to get the wax into all of the little grooves in the zipper. It will move up and down a lot easier after that. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Yeah the pull tab broke and also the zipp splits at certain points :-?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kerridwyn:-) If it were me, I'd go the $25.00 and replace the entire zipper to prevent any problems with a repair reacurring in the future. It would be more of a lasting thing than just trying to repair it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Sorry to hear about the death of your zip. :-? Dawn's right though, I'd get the whole thing replaced, and when I had the money get the other done too even if it hasn't broken. I feel your pain on boots that don't zip all the way, I have trouble with my calf muscles. Are you planning to expand your collection? Chris

Sorry to hear about the death of your zip. :D Dawn's right though, I'd get the whole thing replaced, and when I had the money get the other done too even if it hasn't broken.

I feel your pain on boots that don't zip all the way, I have trouble with my calf muscles. Are you planning to expand your collection?

Chris

Hi Chris ... thanks for the condolences

I am planning on widening my collection and would love to get a pair of knee high boots and some 6 inch pumps ...these 5 inches are a dream boot, there is a small amount of space between the tip and my foot but it doesnt warrent going to a size 13 when I haver fun getting the zip up my calf.

I have achievewd zipping up the left boot all the way to the thigh and have to admit sitting here at the computer rocking my foot is just something one has to do to get the real experience.

I will see what the shoe repairer says tommorow, due to cash flow I may have to get the mechanism done first then next month I will get both zips replaced :-?

Knee boots are my favourite, I have five pairs plus a black suede pair that's either knee high or OTK depending on whether I turn them down or not. Knee high boots do your stockings more justice than thigh boots, which mostly cover them. It sounds like a good plan if you can get the zip mechanism fixed soon. I'd hate to have a new pair of boots that I had to wait until next month to wear! I broke the pully tag bit* off a zip a few years ago, and put a split ring from a keychain through the slidy bit*. That worked nicely, but in my case the rest of the zip was OK. I fancy a pair of six inch heels myself, there's a strange part of me that likes the idea of having a pair too high for me to walk in. Chris *Probably not the correct terms...

I also like that shoe, although I don't see how you could ever walk in them. I would like to try something that high at some time. As of now I have no trouble walking with 5" heels...Jim...PS, Good luck with that zipper repair..

Good luck with that zipper repair..

Thank you

Well I wish to announce that as I am writing this post I have both boots on zipped up to my thigh :-?

They are so confortable and I can walk around the house in them without an issue, maybe I might take them with me to Tasmania and do a little night clubbing or something with a friend, she wears heels aswell n see what transpires

I noticed that the PVC gets very warm ....

Oh one question ...how do you get pants over thigh high boots??? especially ones with 5" heels

Kerridwyn:-) Congratulations on being able to get the zip on both boots to go clear to the top on your thighs. Like I said, after you wear them for a while the material will soften up enough to give a bit and allow you to zip them clear to the top. And yes, they will be warm on your legs as that is the nature of the PVC material. It doesn't breathe like a leather boot will. But, you must agree with what I said before you recieved them, the feeling of them on your legs is incredible. You are not used to wearing thigh-high boots on your legs and they will get used to being covered completely the more you wear them and the more comfortable they will become. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Kerridwyn, I have a pair that look very similar to yours that I just received. Only got to try them on once and yes, was fun getting the jeans on over them. I think they look great and also agree they feel quite warm when on and comfortable. I can't wait to go out and about in them. I was able to put my jeans on over them but if the pant leg was any smaller would have to feed them up the pants, then put them on and pull the pants up. Good luck...Jim

Kerridwyn:-) That's a great pair of boots and it also makes a dandy Avatar pic too. Jimnj3:-) All of my ladies jeans are boot-cut, so I don't have a problem pulling them up over my boots. Your method for tighter fitting jeans, sounds good and I will file that for any future problems. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Well, my first pair came in and I'm gravely disappointed. Although I wear size 11US for all my other shoes, regardless of manufacturer (some tight, some loose, most a good fit), the "size 11" pair I received today are probably closer to a size 9.5. They were real leather, black thigh-high pull-on boots. The fit was so tight there was immediate pain across all toes - and that was before I stood up! It appears the footbed is the right length, but the toe-box is more suited to a victem of foot-binding, which isn't difficult to believe as they were, according to the sticker on the bottom, "Made in China." BACK to the seller they go!!! And I'm reordering the custom pair I'd cancelled a couple months ago when I thought I could get similar quality for lesser price!

• 2 weeks later...

Genebujold:-) I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with your first pair of thigh-boots, but they might have been mis-sized. The cheapest price doesn't always mean the best quality available and vice-versa. It seems that everything is made in China these days. The other pair that you ordered to your measurements should fit you well if the measurements were done correctly. Here's hoping for the best for you. Cheers--- Dawn HH