Heels in sidewalk crevice

kneehighs

Damn, if I'm not out and about wearing my new Banana Republic stilleto, pointy toe heels photo here on Saturday night in Penn Station, when, smush, my heel goes right into the crevice between two slabs of sidewalk. Damn, what a good way to ruin the heel on a good pair of boots! Oh well, I still heeled on in a state of self-confidence and totally enjoyed myself!

Something you guys might find interesting is that I was asking myself the following question, "How can I incredibly optimistically wear women's pointy toe'd stilleto's in public independent of other people's reactions?" I sure got a simple answer as I found myself completely non-chalantly wearing them, as I might wear any other item of men's clothing.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kneehighs:-) It happens to the best of us guys and gals from time to time. It happened to me about 6 months ago and to a nice pair of boots too. I had to get them repaired even before they were broken in. It sure made me upset that that had happened as I had only been street-heeling in them for 2 times to that point. I really hate to scour up a good pair of heels as I try my best to keep them looking new at all times. I always felt that a person that took good care of his/her shoes and boots spoke wonders about themselves to the public. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

It happened to me a couple of months ago. Unfortunately I was wearing shoes not boots and I walked right out of my shoe. That was so embarrassing, I mean it is now very obvious that I am wearing heels. However, a passing lady was very sympathetic saying that was a problem for anyone who wears high heels and she even helped me get the shoe out.

I broke the heel on my favorite ankle boots last year, cracked and then the metal rod bent. And one of the cats chewed the straps off of my very comfy four inch sandals. So we all feel for your tragedy and offer sympathy for this tragedy. It has to happen some time, and we share your pain.

Keels:-) The lady that helped you get your shoe out of the sidewalk crevice was probably very familiar with your problem and knew exactly what to do to help you retrieve your shoe from the crack in the pavement. It's no doubt happened to her a few times before. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Hi Dawn The lady said that it had happened to her more than once. She said that if the heel doesn't pull straight out easily try wiggling the heel around to see if that loosens it. If that doesn't work the it is best to take your foot out of your shoe and try to work it out gently by hand. Keels

Keels:-) That was some great advise that that lady gave you on how to extract your heel from the side-walk crevice. It is also some great advise for all of us heel wearing men in case we would need it in the future. It is very nice that she had an open mind and was not judgemental and was willing to help a fellow heel wearer even though it was a male. Did she ask you why you were wearing heels? Cheers--- Dawn HH

It's years since I have seen a lady with her heel stuck in a crack in the pavement etc. In the 80's I remember seeing it happen quite a few times. It's strange in view of stilettos being back in fashion, how I haven't witnessed this for so long. I remember going to the aid of a girl who had her court shoe stuck about 20 year's ago. She was a bit embarrased by the situation but I must admit, I've always found that Damsel in Distress with her heels situation quite sexy. Cheers, Paul.

Hi Dawn, Yes she did ask, in fact I think her curiosity was her main reason for stopping to help me. I told her that I wore heels because I liked them and found them very comfortable. She accepted that and told me that I wore them and walked in them very confidently. Keels

Keels:-) Cudos for the lady that helped you with your stuck heel. That sounds like a very satisfying experience for both of you. It didn't seem to matter to her whether you were a male wearing heels or not, she was just helping a fellow heel wearer. I know that an experience can make you feel embarrassed and sometimes you really don't know what to do or say. Like the time that I came out of a theater restroom and a lady stopped me to tell me that I had toilet paper stuck to the heel of my boot. I thanked her and removed the paper from my heel without giving her a view of the fact that I WAS wearing heels. From my standpoint, it was an embarrassing moment, but from hers, she was just trying to help, and it does make you an idiot because you are caught off guard and really don't know what to do or say on the moment. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Bubba136:-) You know that I dislike double posts and this time it turned out to be a triple post which I hate worse. I assure you it wasn't done on purpose and as you know, sometimes things get hung up in cyberspace for no apparent reason and go where they shouldn't go or come back to haunt you in some electronic snafu. I prefer to get my post total up honestly and not through an electrical glitch. :rofl: Tee-Hee!!! As always---Cheers--- Dawn HH

I haven't gotten my heels caught in a sidewalk yet, but I have gotten them caught in the grate on my heater in my bathroom a few times when getting ready in the morning. One morning I got both heels caught at the same time. Was kinda interesting trying to get free without tripping. Guess I could have just taken them off;) Scotty

Sscotty727:-) You might be wise the next time you get both heels caught in your bathroom grate to take your shoes off before you free them from the grate. It could prevent you from injuring one or both of your ankles. I don't have that problem because the grate in our bathroom is in the floor very close to the wall and not in your walking path. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Same thing happened again. I was walking down eigth avenue near Penn Station and I must have sunk my heels into sidewalk crevices at least three different times. Nothing big, but the leather covering the heel is actually torn open a bit now. Oh well, it was fun being out and about in stilleto's either way.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Kneehighs:-) I have ruined many a pair of heels through the years in the very same way you have. Small heels find small cracks and just ruins the leather on the stiletto heel. Even after repairs the heels never are looking the same. Now since I must wear a chunkier heel, that problem has gone away and my heels keep looking as fresh as the day I bought them no matter how much I wear them. The car floor mats and the floors don't scuff the chunkier heels also, so that problem has disappeared too. Cheers--- Dawn HH