What do you guys consider "coordinated appearance"

Mickey S.

In another thread FF said:

"... given some care to coordinated appearance. ..."

So, what do you guys consider "coordinated appearance" aside from the appearance by ones who are bold enough to go for the flashy, eyecatching look to present/perform their high heeled shoes in public? -- Hopefully I got across what I tried to ask... :D

CU!

-Mike

So, what do you guys consider "coordinated appearance" aside from the appearance by ones who are bold enough to go for the flashy, eyecatching look to present/perform their high heeled shoes in public? -- Hopefully I got across what I tried to ask... :D

Well, for me anyway, what I consider as a "coordinated appearance" means making sure your clothes are properly color coordinated with whatever shoes you happen to be wearing. You don't have to be flashy or eyecatching when wearing heels in public. I certainly don't go for that as I want to look stylish and tasteful instead.

You want to make sure the colors for your shirt, pants, hosiery and shoes match well. For instance, you wouldn't want to wear a black shirt and pants with, say, bright blue shoes or a brown outfit with green shoes. Being coordinated means making sure your colors all fit together. When you're wearing heels in public, you don't want to look like a clown.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I suppose coordinated means everything goes together in terms of style and colour and suiting body features. Then if one item or other is unusual, eg Heels, it doesn't look too out of place, if the rest is right For example you could wear a black leather jacket, leather trousers and a straw hat. That would clash. But team the straw hat with wedge sandals, jeans and beach shirt, and male or female you can get blend with this outfit. If you were to wear wedge sandals and a miniskirt with large hairy legs then you'd be better coordinated with jeans. Simon had a good look at the recent meet. High brown mule heels, tailored shorts and a casual shirt. Xaphod had a dark long blue skirt and light patterned blue teeshirt with black knee high heeled boots. Kent from New York presented a very smart conventional appearance. Shirt, nice trousers and brown heeled boots. I usually wear black waistcoats, jackets and cowboy heels in a fairly scruffy look. I don't think I grab a lot of attention in general life so if you want to blend and wear heels, it works. I reckon you can be scruffy, and coordinated, by the way :D

In the end, I suppose there are various levels of coordination. It all depends on how good you think you'll look in the clothes you choose to wear.

For me it is easy since I always wear pants with my heels. But even with the pants I am difficult. Even the way the pants drape over a boot our sandal is very important for me. Sometimes you have pants that fall perfectly over one shoe, but are terrible with another. Sometimes i tryh on five different combinations before i go out. Yes, call me compulsive !

I've been of the opinion that getting the hem right on a pair of pants is important, especially when you wear heels. Too short and your ankles clearly show, too long and the cuffs drag on the ground. For me at 6-2, I wear a 35 inch inseam which works to perfection when I wear heels. Depending on your height, you'd have to experiment to find your proper inseam.