Knee-High Ballet Boots

Mickey S.

Folks,

does anyone have experiences with those knee-length leather ballet boots?

Posted Image

They have a full length inside zipper and front-lacing. I'm about to go for them. I own thigh highs from this manufacturer. They are very stable. Now I wonder if the knee-lengths give the same stability. And should I go for one size up as I was adviced for the thigh-highs? Does anybody know?

CU!

-Mike

I've to buy a pair, but the store I went to was temporarily out in every size.. I do have ankle high, and zip up thigh high boots from Devious and I am quite pleased with them. If you get a pair of knee boots in regular leather please let me know how you like them Good luck! Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

Jim, I will! I just found that these boots sell for $219. Wow! Somehow expensive. Do you know if Devious has an own website (and sells to the 'end user' directly?)? I just want to check the prices and find out the best offer. Here in Germany someone sells these boots for 166 Euro... CU! -Mike

Well, it looks like the leather ones run for about $50-60 more then the patent ones.. I suspect that devious does not sell direct, since everyone and their mother seems to be selling devious boots at this time.. heh Keep an eye on ebay, other then that I'm not sure if you will find them much cheaper then $220 US. Good luck! Jim

Hi Mickey,

You might want to do some research first. Not on the price, more so on the size. If you can try on first, this is one time where fit is Most Important.

I have read that for ballet heels, you sould go one full size smaller. I tried on a pair at the Dressing For Pleasure Botique in Georgetown, D.C. many years ago. They fit great and I was actually able to walk a bit in them. But, Stupid me did not buy them.

About 2 years ago, I bought a pair on eBay in my usuall size. I find it more difficult to walk as well in them. I really think it it because they are too large.

With Ballet Heels, you need a lot of support in you arch and on the sides of your feet. Too large a shoe, and your foot slides all the way down and crushes your toes!

Good Luck. They can be A LOT OF FUN!.

Anyone else here have experience with Ballet Heels?

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Gary: experience with ballet heels? Hrm.. I've got 7 pairs at this point from 4 mfg's.. each mfg has their own idea on how to shape the foot area, and what angle the foot should be to the ankle. One thing devious has done is to have the best foot support I've tried yet. My toes do not even touch in my ankle boots, or at least they didnt untill the toe area caved in very slightly. These are in my normal shoe size (womens 9), although their 'shoe' style fits a little better in size 8. I can get my feet into a size 7, but it's not pretty.. hehe The ankle high devious boots also do a great job at holding your ankle at the angle they want.. Unfortunatly devious also put the toe closer to the heel then the other mfgs.. so walking without bent knee's is a bit tough on those of us who do not have a professional ballet background 8) My first pair of ballet boots were from The Little Shoe Box.. great build quality.. I've had them for a few years now and need to replace the heel tips.. they have worn out from usage :D Unfortunatly they have always been just a little big on me, but that gives plenty of space for thick socks and toe padding. Another pair I have is from Dungeonz.de.. they put the most user-friendly angle on the ankle of any mfg.. Very easy to walk in, comparable to 5" heels.. sorta, considering you are still walking on your toes. I have actually worn these while at a local bar.. even drove there in them :) Their downfall is the width for the foot.. So much side room that the boot does not support your foot at all, so all your weight ends up on your toes. With the right padding this can be bearable for a couple of hours, but I eventually give up after about 4 hours of combined walking/sitting.. I have a beutiful pair of zip up thigh high's from qualifetish in Canada (eh).. The foot shape is great, and are the best looking boots I own. They have a little room for a sock/toe pad, and I can walk in them for a little bit, but eventually my toes start to hurt, especially my middle toe which is longer then the rest. The longest I've stood in these is about 1 hour 15 minutes without being able to sit.. I needed help down afterwards though.. I'll try to organize some comparison pics soon. Jim

When I got my thigh high Devious ballets from the seller (was on eBay actually) I asked about the size and was told to go one size up. After all they fit very well leaving some space for necessary toe padding. On the other hand my experiences with shoes made from real leather instead of patent stretch material are that they didn't feel just more narrow but also one size short. So I was rather tempted to go for a 13 instead of 12 (which is the US-ladies size I have) initially. I also have a friend around here who owns ballet ankle boots of another brand and he went a different way. The shoes were ordered true to his size and he crafted aluminum insoles which give more stability to the shoes and reduce the 'available' foot-space so that the feet are held by the leather and the toes are prevented from touching down. Quite nifty. When put on it kinda felt like walking on clouds. So, after all these experiences I'm still not sure what size to go for actuallly but I do like these knee high ballet boots shown in the pic... CU! -Mike

i have recently purchased some Devious 1025 lockables from www.bananshoes.com and only after a few days of wearing them I am able to take my first few tenetative steps :D

After a few weeks I am now able to take a few steps unaided :) I bought the devious boot because they would support my ankles when I was walking. I ordered my trainer size, and they fitted like a glove.

CM

JimC,

You Are The Ballet Heel Man!

I enjoyed your post. Thank you for all the information.

Driving in Ballet Boots? My God......That sounds impossible and dangerous! How did you do that?

And wearing them to a club? Wow! You must have towered over EveryBody!

Keep us posted on your adventures Please.

Gary0618

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Contortion man: Good luck in your quest. If I find a way to support the Devious boot's toe box to keep your weight supported by the boots and not your toes I will let you know :D Fetish-factory had a business card for a local cobler (local to ft lauderdale), and I will be taking my TLSB ballet boots there to get the heel tips replaced (wore them outside a few too many times I guess).. and If they are as receptive as FF claims they are I may talk to them about finding a way to reinforce the structure of the boot.. Might even see if there is a way to snug up my dungeonz boots, since they are already easy to walk in. Good luck again Jim

Thanks for the tips Jim. I will let you all know how I am getting on with walking in the ballet boots :D I hope you can get the ballet boots re-tipped. Let us know how you get on. btw, does anyone know of any good places in NYC and Washington DC to get ballet boots for as I am planning on visiting there soon and I would like to get a second set of boots :) CM.

They are absolutly wicked boots! Could you tell us who the manufacturer is and do they make thigh length boots as well? Is there a website to view?

They are made by Devious. The cheapest place I've seen them on sale in the UK is Alternative Footwear in Ramsbottom. They do mail order, or you can go down there in person. Link

I'm still sorely tempted to buy a pair of ballet heels, but it's a lot of money for something I might not actually wear very much.

Chris

Folks, I got the boots just yesterday evening. Right now I'm wearing them and they feel great. I don't even need toe padding (although there's still some space left for this in the toe box) since the feet are held in a position so that the toes barely reach the ground. I blame it to the leather :D and the fact that the front lacing allows for perfect fit. I paid € 166,- for the boots and € 6,90 for shipping which makes it for a total due of € 172,90. I think this translates roughly to £ 110.- or $ 180.- if I'm not way off track regarding actual currency conversion. So, I must say I haven't seen them that cheap anywhere else... @chris100575: Nice link! And they got a lot of very interesting prices on some cool items though... CU! -Mike