Here's My Black Slingbacks!

JeffB

For the curious out there, here's a pic of me at my desk wearing my Ros Hommerson black "Dallas" slingbacks:

Posted Image

In this shot, I'm wearing a gray shirt, matching dress pants and L'eggs Sheer Energy pantyhose in off-black. The shoes are made of a satin-like microfiber that looks really sharp and sleek. And since the shoes have the exact same four inch heel as my RS "Ingra" pumps (see pic to your left), I felt tall and empowered in them. Since that was my very first time wearing slings, I really enjoyed them.

Pretty neat, eh? :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for the compliments! The slings were quite comfortable, but then, I wouldn't wear ANY shoes if they weren't, regardless of how nice they look! :D

To answer your question, Bubba, yes, that was taken at my desk at work. A self portrait of sorts, thanks to the timer on my handy-dandy digital camera! :D

I like the overall "look" you have presented in all your work photos Jeff. Understated, very coordinated and imminently suitable for the office.

I like the shoes too.... :D

jim

Thanks for the compliments, Jim! My goal was to be neat, presentable, AND stylish. I had to makde damn sure my clothes looked as nice as my shoes. To that end, I believe I succeeded! :)

JeffB:-) Your work out-fit is perfectly co-ordinated together and your 4" black sling-backs are the icing on the cake. Do you have any trouble keeping your slings in place during your daily activities at work? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB:-)

Your work out-fit is perfectly co-ordinated together and your 4" black sling-backs are the icing on the cake. Do you have any trouble keeping your slings in place during your daily activities at work? Cheers---

Dawn HH

Nope, no problem at all, the slings stay on perfectly! And that barely audible slap-slap when I walk in them is kinda cool too! :D

JeffB:-) I have only owned 1 pair of slings but the strap stayed put all day long on them. They were red patent from Frederick's of Hollywood with a 4" stiletto heel. Loved them. Now, Mickey68 never could keep those slings up at all. It took me a short while to get used to the fact that my heel didn't always land dead center of the shoe heel when walking. The heel of the shoe might be a bit to the left or right of my heel because of the sideways give in the strap, but it didn't take me long to trust the fact that each step I took would hit the shoe heel solidly enough that I could trust not mis-stepping in them. And, I didn't mind the light slap-slap against my heel while walking. They felt completely different on my feet than a pump did. Cheers--- Dawn HH

To HHL: I also bought those from Designer Shoes:

http://www.designershoes.com

I forget the price, but if you go to their website, you'll find 'em there.

To Dawn: Since I wear those shoes in double wide, I've never had trouble keeping my heel centered on the sling while I walked. Just lucky I guess. And yes, wearing a sling is worlds apart from a pump. Quite intruiging!

JeffB:-) Your first pair of sling-backs looks very elegant on you in your office pic. Your right that wearing a pair of slings is indeed competely different from wearing a pump. There was nothing wrong with that one and only pair of red patent slings that I had, but it seemed that I always bought pumps after them for some reason. I wore them a lot until they finally almost fell off of my feet, and then I gave them a decent burial. I really loved that pair of shoes and they looked fabulous on my feet. Now, that style of shoe isn't sturdy enough for me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Thanks for the compliment. I strive to wear shoes that look elegant, nothing trashy or overly flashy for me. I cut my teeth on pumps, having worn my very first pair when I was around 13 and it instantly became my shoe of choice. It's only been over the last year or so that I've began to expand my horizons to include slings and, perhaps in time, mules. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

How come the JeffB pics never have anyone else in them? Seems that if all this public heeling were actually happening that there'd be shots of public heeling. Not self timer shots at a desk on Sunday morning.

Ahh! A skeptic! Okey dokey, to answer your questions:

1) The reason there's no one else in my pics is because there's no need for anyone else to be in them.

2) As for public heeling, I have neither the time or the inclination to take shots outside. I'm not an exhibitionist, never have been, I just go about my business of wearing what I want, just like everyone else. Just because there's no pictures of me in heels on a busy street corner doesn't mean I'm not out in public.

3) Self-timer shots on a Sunday morning? Not hardly. I arrive at work early in the morning so I can leave early at the end of the day, so I use the opportunity to take my shots then. I have absolutely no reason to be anywhere but home on a Sunday morning.

I hope that answers your questions. if you choose to believe what I've said, fine. if you don't, hey, that's still fine. Everyone on this board is entitled to their opinions and beliefs.

Jeff, With all due respect, I am a skeptic also. Judging from your several photos that show you in what appear to be women's pants and blouses, it's entirely possible that you're totally crossdressed as a woman. That's not exactly "street heeling" (wearing heels while dressed as a man) as most of us understand it. And if you are totally crossdressed, of course it would be natural to wear women's pumps and slingbacks, and get away with it entirely. So, please convince me (and other skeptics here that haven't voiced an opinion), that you are genuinely street heeling, as you have led us to believe. George

Is it Jeff's task to convince anyone that he is telling the truth? I think he answered the challenge adequately by saying it's up to each individual to believe him or not. If you don't believe, don't read anything else Jeff posts. However, I enjoy reading what he posts. And, wheather or not I believe him is really immaterial. Just to set the record straignt, though, I do believe him and will believe him until I've reason not to. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

That's quite all right, Bubba. I don't mind. If people have questions, then it's only fair to respond to them. To gw1, while what I'm wearing in my pictures does look rather dressy, it's most definitely men's clothing, bought from men's clothing stores in my area. Therefore I'm not crossdressed as I understand the term, or as you described it. The idea of dressing up like a woman would never occur to me. As for the term, "street heeling", I was under the impresion that if you're out in public wearing heels instead of being closeted and wearing your shoes only in the privacy of your home, then you're street heeling. Exterior clothing shouldn't shouldn't matter in the equation one way or the other. I hope that answers your question.

Bubba136:-) Over the period of time that I have belonged to this Forum, I have ask JeffB quite a few questions and he has always given me an up-front, truthful answer, which I appreciate in gaining knowledge of how I picture the gentleman to be in my mind's eye. I have enjoyed reading his stories very much, and for the record, I trust what he says until he gives me reason to think otherwise. If I'm a good judge of people, I think that Jeff will continue to be truthful and up-front with anyone that he comes in contact with and will always remain that way. I have no reason to think otherwise. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Thank you for the kind words, Dawn. I appreciate them greatly. The last thing I want to do is deceive anyone who reads what I post here. I was raised to be truthful to people, and to ask for truthfulness from those around me. I have been very upfront and honest in explaining the pictures I've taken. If people here thought I was fudging things because those pics weren't taken on a crowded street corner at high noon, well, that's their perogative. I don't do that sort of thing. The shoes I choose to wear are simply part of my everyday outfits, and nothing to be brazenly showing off to the world at large. That's not the way I am. And I'm sure there are probably others here who feel the same way I do in that regard. I just do what I enjoy. End of story.