Driving/spinning in heels

Hi all. I'm new around here. Is there anyone out there (guys or gals) who love driving in heels, getting carstuck in heels and pedal pumping in heels? My favourite are 6"spike heel white leather "Susie" thigh boots with full length back lace. Anyone else? Cio for now. shh:D

The fact that I drive in heels is because I wear them, but it's not because I enjoy them. I like driving. The footwear doesn't matter at that point. As for getting stuck, that's why I have my GM Protection Plan card in my purse all the time. Just a phone call and I don't have to worry about it.

I've driven an automatic without any problems while wearing heels, but haven't tried it in my Jeep yet, which has a 5-speed. The trick is being able to handle the clutch pedal. I tried sitting in the Jeep one day with 4-inchers and found I have to use a slightly different angle in order to push the clutch all the way down. On top of that, I've added five gauges along the underside of the dash below the steering wheel and have to be careful about avoiding them.

Black 5-inch stilettos - the only way to go!

It also depends on the model of the car. I used to drive a Volvo V70, which was very heel friendly. I still drive a Ford Scorpio, no problems there either. However, I got a temporary Toyota Avensis, which was not heel compatible at all. It was very hard to get the clutch down (all other cars are/were automatics so that also has something to do with it) as it required my feet to bend like I'd be wearing 6" heels. Now I received a new Ford Focus last week, which is ok again. No problems to drive with 4 inchers. b

What's all the fuss about?

thing is troll this is a fetish forum, in a sence.

Some/Most guys in here have a feitsh for wearing high heels or just high heels in general. (not to be sexist)

You're not being sexist - just incorrect.

Most guys here don't have a "fetish" for wearing high heels any more than women have a "fetish" for wearing pants. We wear heels because we like wearing heels.

For some of us, however, that enjoyment crosses the boundary into fetishism, but for most, it doesn't.

It's that overused 'fetish' word again! As for driving in heels, I wouldn't recommend it as a rule, particularly the height I habitually wear. Howver I break my own rule sometimes when wearing ankle straps because the hassle of fastening and unfastening my shoes each time I get in or out of the car is just too much. Also the pedals on my car happen to be in a position which doesn't force my foot back too far. It does play havoc with the heels and mats, so for long distances I drive in stockinged or bare feet, and feel much more in control. Anne Louise

Interesting, GBJ. Where's the dividing line?

At the point of arousal.

Anne Louise - I actually enjoy driving in heels, particular shoes or boots, probably because of fact that driving a stick-shift Acura is simply easier when one's foot is canted downward. More clearance between my shoe and the floor.

Okee Dokee. Heard a bit about DRIVING in heels and the various difficulties. I wear 4" or 6" heels to drive in and do it because I enjoy it. As far as practicalities are concerned I find that modern cars with the floor mounted gas "paddle" make the foot arch higher and the ankle ache more than say the drop down pedals found on cars of the 60's and 70's. I find it easier still in an automatic because of the lack of strain on the clutch foot. When it comes to spinning or "stucks" I prefer stick shift because you can feel the tyres start spinning through the power train more than in an auto. Shifting from reverse to forwards in easier in an auto however - as is leaning out to see the trouble you've gotten into! So - lets encourage some discussion. I prefer to drive wearing stiletto heeled boots or strappy sandals - boots don't slip and sandals give more pedal feel. As far as the overall best car to do stucks in - my vote goes to my 1961 Ford Zodiac convertible automatic with fat whitewall crossplies (my autobox 1973 Custom Safari shooting brake comes a close second). Anyone now want to join the spinning/driving/stuck debate? And YES - this IS IN THE FETISH FORUM. Spin thos e wheels in your heels!

• 2 months later...

I don't have to worry about carpets or carpet mats as "the Defect" doesn't have any! The best driving shoes, (IMO) are NONE as I prefer to drive barefoot ) Yes I know that this is "the Fetish forum" but I don't drive in heels as "The Defect" is a death trap- you can see light through the passenger side (left) inner sill panel! :) ,so there will never be any heels in "The Defect"! unless a (probably female) passenger wants to wear heels! :o personally I like manuals over Autos but I do like the fact that autos drive themselves, something that I've grown to like: however since I only get to drive "The Defect" once a Fortmonth :oops: every time I drive it is is "slower than a wet week!) however I do have a Manual Pedalbox, tranny, clutch cable, Tailshaft/Driveshaft, EVERYTHING to convert "The Defect" to a 4 spd manual, now if I could only find a certain thing...... called time! later, TXT-1

I myself enjoy driving in heels and shifting isn't a problem since both my vehicles are automatic. My wife refuses to drive a stick so I haven't had one since we were married. I have a Jeep and a Jag X type and both are comfortable. I am not quite sure why anybody would want to go out driving and getting stuck, heels or not. This is why I have either all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive. I live out in the country with Amish buggies and they are not much help when towing and most other help is nowhere close by. Jim

I have a Jeep and a Jag X type and both are comfortable.

I am not quite sure why anybody would want to go out driving and getting stuck, heels or not. This is why I have either all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive.

What is the distinction between all wheel drive and 4 wheel drive? (unless your vehicles have more or less than four wheels!) I have a Subaru and I know the manufacturer tends to refer to them in the literature as all wheel drive.

Emma

an "all wheel drive vehicle" is like a subaru Imprezza/WRX and a 4wd is something like a Toyota Hilux or LandCruiser, Landrover style 4wd, usually has a ladder style chassis an full leaf sprung suspension ( the 79, 80 and 100 series landcruisers and the Landrover being the exeption to the rule as they have coil arung suspension.) - basically if I was going bush I'd take the (75 series) landcruiser! there is a jeep ad being showed here which has the man of the house upset at his jeep being covered in mud and has wife pops out from around the corner and says "honey, It's a 4wd it's meant to go off road"!! later, TXT-1

Emma, Also, all wheel drive vehicles can be driven on dry roads all the time. They have a center differential so that there is no binding of the wheels when turning since at that time all wheels are turning a different speed. 4 wheel drive doesn't have that center differential and cannot be driven on dry roads for long without binding and drive train damage. These are usually more rugged drivetrains for more off road abuse and usually give better traction.. My all wheel drive Jaguar works the same as the Subaru as no driver input is needed and is always engaged. My Jeep can be shifted into 4 wheel drive, all wheel drive or 2 wheel drive as I need... Hope this helps... Jim

Well guys, I don't have 4 wheel drive or all wheel drive, but I do have REAR wheel drive in my 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic station wagon, and also in my 2003 Mercury Marauder, and I have driven them both many times in heels. I have another rear wheel drive car that is great fun to drive in heels as it is a 4 speed tranny while the other 2 are both autos. It is a 1966 Chevrolet Corvette convertible, and Mickey and I took our honeymoon to Wisconsin in it in 1968. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I'm kinda confused now.. :o I'm not an expert in car things but I'd read the thing about the AWD & 4WD,so my car's a Quattro,is this another option or similar stuff to AWD or 4WD or what the heck it is?? btw,i love driving fast with my heels on... :)

Just Love High Heels...

raponchigo, Hi, An Audi Quattro has all wheel drive. This means no input from you is needed. It's always driving all 4 wheels so just enjoy the ride!!! Almost all passenger vehicles that have AWD are set up as permenent so no shifting is needed. 4 Wheel drive is usually in a SUV of truck type vehicle, such as my Jeep... Jim

What fun!! I pose the question - "what heels do people like driving in?" - and we end up with technical discussions on transmission systems!! :o Just for the record - as well as my 6" white thigh boots, I love driving in 6" clear mules, 5" fuschia strappy sandals and 6" white pumps with chrome heels. Oh - and I get the best fun from powerful rear wheel drive cars (good for you DawnHH!!). It's a REAL thrill to floor the gas and feel those tires REALLY spinning!! :)

I agree, Now that we have that drivetrain concern cleared up we can move on. I like driving with my 5" stilettos. I have a pair in kneehigh boots,thigh boots and a pair of pumps. All 5". I enjoy the kneehighs the best. I also enjoy a high powered rear wheel drive car and grew up with several. I still enjoy the fun of a nice smokey burn out although neither of the vehicles I own now fullfill. I have my eye on the new Ford Mustang for my next vehicle. We will see. Jim

I have driven in all of my heeled shoes and boots many, many times, (to numerous to list here). I do this daily. It is really great to feel the power, speed, and brute strength of a full size rear wheel drive vehicle and to know that you are in complete control and master over it. There is nothing like it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!