Driving/spinning in heels

a little off topic, but as one who likes to think of himself as a driving enthusiast, i prefer seeing a woman who is well heeled drive. i haven't tried the heels and driving thing. of course, a powerful rear drive car usually does make the heels look finer and better. but that is my little off topic comment;)

You really don't know what you're missing if you haven't driven in heels. Especially rear wheel drive cars! Yes - they do put a "finer point" on a girls heels. :o And I can tell you - when you plant your toes, feel the power surge and those rear tires start spinning - ooooohhh!!! :)

Spikeheelhoney:-) You said it. You really have to have a flexible ankle to compansate for the heel height when you plant your toes into the gas pedal and put the pedal to the metal. There is no other feeling like it. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCH!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

AWD systems usually have a front or rear torque bias, and shift power via a viscous coupled centre differential as required. For example the Honda CRV is mostly front wheel drive, but transfers power to the rear wheels as needed. Permanent 4WD systems deliver equal power front and rear and, as Jim says, have a centre differential to enable turning on hard surfaces. This is usually lockable for use in extreme conditions. While the article Emma posted largely sums this up, it wrongly lists the Toyota Rav-4 as being AWD instead of permanent 4WD. Chris

Not all permanent 4wd's have centre diffs, Bigfoot (the Monster truck) doesn't have one and even though they are 1/10 scale, My Tamiya Juggernaut 2 and TXT-1 (my namesake!) don't have centre diffs either. (both are permanent 4wd, unless they chew up a Tailshaft/driveshaft) later, TXT-1

You only need a centre differential for driving on tarmac or other hard surfaces, so if your vehicle is solely for off-road use, eg Bigfoot, you can manage without. Speaking of Bigfoot, I think I read somewhere that the engine is so highly tuned, it can only be run for a few minutes at a time or it'll overheat. As for your model cars, they aren't that heavy, so the difference in wheel speed while cornering is far more likely to result in shorter tyre life than a broken drive shaft. I've only come across the Tamiya King Cab and the Midnight Pumpkin, but neither of those had centre diffs either. I probably should have said that road going vehicles with permanent 4WD have a centre diff. Chris

I more note on this subject. Full time AWD vehicles for road use could also use a viscous coupling to allow for the slippage needed when turning in place of a differential.. Jim Now back to driving with our heels on...

bigfoot's 9 through 15's 8/71 supercharged 572ci Ford SVO V8's have no water jackets thefore they race then rebuild (similar to drag racing)

the fuel economy (or lack thereof) is 70 METRES per gallon! :) not bad for 1500 Hp - a typical car has 150- 350 Hp

as for tailshafts/driveshafts my Jugg2 went through them very quickly as they are brass and the Jugg2 weighs 5200 grams even the Godly 3 speed manual Tamiya Hilux, Bruiser and Mountaineer had problems with the tailshafts/driveshafts! my TXT-1 was about to do the same thing until I replaced the offending parts with the Traxxas E/T Maxx items.

but unfortunately they both cost too much to keep going, and they are now retired - however the TXT-1 is still ready to go at a moment's notice.

both the Midnight pumpkin and the Kingcab are rear wheel drive!

I have NEVER managed to get the Jugg2 or TXT-1 Bogged!

http://www.geocities.com/flgnowbla/rcmts

later,

TXT-1

I didn't know the King Cab and Pumpkin were RWD, they belonged to a friend who just used to let me play with them sometimes. That would explain why there was no centre diff! In my defence it was a long time ago and my memory isn't what it once was... Chris

Raponchigo :o Hiya girl!

Have you ever got stuck in mud or sand with your tires spinning?? Or are you just a 'pedal to the metal' girl??

Hi there! well,really I don't get stuck in sand,mud or anything... :)

I must be the "pedal to the metal girl" then...

cheers :drinking:

Just Love High Heels...

• 2 weeks later...

You mean to say you have NEVER got stuck?????!! :) So you just love to floor the gas and feel those tires SSccrrreeeeeeecchhhh!!??!?! :o

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to shift the topic off-topic... but ..... TXT-1- nice toys you got. I got lost with the measurements (the by product of using the US measureing system) I did follow on the power outputs. power in cars is just that, power. Back to the topic. My girlfriend recently told me of her first high heel driving experiece in a 'vintage' Benz and four inch heels. she said, she's not used to it. she has always loved driving barefeet or with sneakers, or flats. but she said the ankle extention was unexpected but fun. she was a bit cautious at first. but she said she liked the feel of power she got. she surprised me by suggesting i try it one day. with a wicked wink, she said she might consider driving in heels for me if i only try for her. Hey, sometimes a man gots to do what he's gots to do. so, one day, i may delve in and see what i'm missing. who knows, i'm not narrow minded. (she also knows i like seeing a woman spin her wheels. she doesn't care for it, but if i try the heels once, i get to see her spin) RPM

Girls like and respect a man for being receptive to new ideas that please us. Obviously by visiting this site you'll have found that men who like to wear high heels is not unusual at all. I'm sure she'll happily spin her wheels for you if you reciprocate in some way - and driving in heels does no-one any harm does it? I happen to love spinning my wheels - feel the power!!!:):o

Spikeheelhoney:-) Talk about girls liking speed, Dawn just loves the power and speed of a fast car and driving in heels is quite thrilling to her to feel the angle of the heel and the ankle and the power of the machine all combined. TEE! HEE! Screeeeeeeecchhhhh!!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Borrowed a friends' '70 Oldsmobile Cutlass coupe yesterday and took it for a spin along the unused beach front not far from us. :oops: The walkways are smooth concrete with a dusting of fine sand. Oh Boy!! Did those rear tires SPIN!!! I laid two thick black lines for about 35 feet!!! :) The power is amazing. I really miss having a car like that!! :o

spikeheelhoney, I am with you on this one!! I miss my days driving a car with massive amounts of power. Back in the late 60's and 70's I had 2 high powered Chrysler vehicles. 68' Dodge Dart GTS 340cu V8 that would spin the tires completely through 1st gear range until the second gear shift at about 50MPH. Also had a 413cu Dodge Monaco that also didn't mind smoking the tires. Nothing like watching the long black stripes appear behind the car. Anyway, now I just enjoy the driving with my heels on. Neither of my vehicles now will spin them up..It's fun isn't it!!! Jim

Sure is hun! :o:oops: Gonna do it again tomorrow on an abandoned airfield out in the New Forest down here in the South of the UK. Got long gravelly runway strips. Good job my friend's husband doesn't mind us girls thrashing the 'Olds a bit!! The airstrip has a lot of muddy patches and wet greasy grass - so we'll probably spray SOME MUD too!!! :)

It's a quiet out-of-the-way little beach between Bournemouth and Southampton on the South Coast of England. :) It's very rarely visited during the Winter - and the promenades are miles long and wide smooth concrete covered in slippery sand-dust. The beach is deep soft sand too - so you can have a BUNDLE of fun!!! :oops::D Just Fab for wheelspinning and ruining the rear tires!!! :o

REALLY REALLY muddy (tee hee)!!! :oops::D Got well and truly stuck on a patch of innoccuous looking wet grass! I backed round onto it and my tires spun and spun and sank down to the wheelcaps! :) Took nearly and hour of pumping and spinning to get out - but I had BIG FUN trying!! :o