DUMB shoes . . .

Today I saw a well dressed lady . . . nice dress, hair done, 'nails, make-up . . . and THE DUMBEST shoes possible! I sighed and went to the regester (I was at a convenience store). She came up behind me and I fealt her staring ay guess what? Yep, my shoes (I was wearing a pair of royal blue 5" stiletto pumps that matched my dress). She continued to stare and then looked down at her footwear. Finally she spoke. "I couldn't help but notice your shoes ("I noticed your shoes, too, hun . . .") and how well they went with your dress. WHERE did you get them?". I told her where I bought them and even gave her directions and we left. I thought "Gee. Some gals dress so nice and blow it when they get down to their shoes." as this one had.. Now I KNOW we all have taste and we try to put ourselves together as best as possible, but WHAT THE HECK WAS SHE THINKING??? Pretty dress, jewelry . . . impeccible hair & make-up . . . but those SHOES! Yes, they probably were comfortable BUT . . . they fell WAY short of the rest of her look! A nice pair of black stilettos would have looked sooooo much nicer . . . Oh well. :D Namaste', Anita C.

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

What kind of shoes were they Anita? Oh Let me guess....... They were flats!!!

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

They were wedgies :D They were black mule-looking things. They looked as if they would be more at home with jeans or at the pool! Not MY pool! Namaste', Anita C.

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

There is a lady like her at my office... Flawless outfit, makeup, nails, etc ... however the shoes mmmmm :D She always wears the chinese slippers!!! You have to be consistent with your style...!!!!

UPDATE!!! I'm Sooo excited!! I ran into her yesterday at MY SHOE STORE!! She had purchased 4 pairs and thanked me!! :drinking: WOO-WOO!! :D Namaste', Anita C.

Now that is good news! :) When you saw her in the store, do you know if it was her first time in there, or had she been there shortly after your first encounter? I was wondering if perhaps she might have had opportunity to wear some of her new shoes and discussed how it went with you. I do hope she felt encouraged! :D

Women who wear heels are to be admired and appreciated for the feminine visage they create.

• 1 year later...

High, im not a big high heel wearer but a big admirer of the talent it takes (I recently bought a pair of five inches and can not walk in them very well at all, a lot of wall holding is involved) Im still a closet heel lover But what would you call a dumb heel, i only have trainers and some 2 inch heels, which i hate by the way. Would these be considered dumb. Im not starting an argument but i quite like wedge heels which you said spoilt the outfit. becs