I did it ...well almost but triumphant!!

Kerridwyn

Hey I have a absolute facsination for high heels and simply my eyes follow those who were them, and were I live and work there seems to be alot of them anyhow....... I reached a milestone today after reading some of the posts on purchasing woes, however I may have lucked out Ive always wanted to purchase a pair of high heel boots or pumps for personal indoor wear, I have polished floor boards which give the most ambient "click" when when wearing high heels. The boots I purchased were from a secondhand shop and I did it more for testing myself weather I could do it or not, .....guess what!! I did The lady at the register didnt blink an eyelid ...mind you the guy who was at the end of the counter looked at me a bit weird however I could have turned around and stated Im a goth after 6pm and these boots would look great with my black cap and pirate shirt ....hahahah lol Im yet to try them on but I believe both pairs maybe to small ...if they are I may put them up for sale. One pair are a bit shabby and the other look brank spankin new . But now I want to go the next step and find a shop I can try the shoes before I by and I dont think a secondhand shop is the place. I might try Shoecraft to atleast get my size ...then look at places like Payless (Australia version) to see if they have anything in my size ...Im a size 11 in a mens shoe so if anyone knows what size that is in a heel Id appreciate this. However I sit triumphant that Ive overcome part of a fear!!! Kerridwyn Melbourne, Australia

Hi kerridwyn! Welcome to hhplace. I think the boots you purchased are nice and just conservative enough to wear in public without any problems. You can always gauge your correct woman's shoe size by the way they fit and adjusting the size you think you need accordingly. I believe there are other members here from Melbourne. You might look through the members list to see if you can find them. I'm sure they can also give you additiona advice, if you need it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi kerridwyn! Welcome to hhplace. I think the boots you purchased are nice and just conservative enough to wear in public without any problems. You can always gauge your correct woman's shoe size by the way they fit and adjusting the size you think you need accordingly.

I believe there are other members here from Melbourne. You might look through the members list to see if you can find them. I'm sure they can also give you additiona advice, if you need it.[/quote

Hi Bubba136 ....

Thanks for the welcome, my ultimate dream shoes would be something like this

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=2915

Kerridwyn:-) Welcome to the HH Place Forum. I hope you will have fun posting here and do let us know your opinions and feelings, and let us all know a little about yourself. Also, congratulations on being able to walk into a store and purchase a pair of high heels. And like you said, the next step might be that you can walk into a shoe store and try heels on for size. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Also, congratulations on being able to walk into a store and purchase a pair of high heels. And like you said, the next step might be that you can walk into a shoe store and try heels on for size.

Yeah! That's all part of the fun! Without a doubt! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I cannot yet go into a shoe store and try on high heeled shoes or boots.

Shopping for shoes is an experience not to be missed Dawn. It’s something to be savored and enjoyed as an integral part of the whole high heel experience.

Give it a try, it won't take you long to get over your initial apprehension, of that I'm sure and then you wont look back. I bet you will find the sales girls more than help full and over time they will get to know you as more than just a "sale".

The last time I walked into my favorite Overland Footwear outlet, the store manager welcomed me with a hug and invited me for coffee.. :D:)

So fear not, take the bull by the horns and go try on some heels.

jim

Hi Kerridwyn, As a fellow heel wearer from Melbourne, I would definiately recommend a visit to shoecraft. However, he is expensive and, depending on your taste in shoes, the range in your size might be limited. I have found that the Adult store chain SexyLand has a okay range and sizes. You will probably need to try on the shoes instore, as I have had the experience of trying on a size 40 pump which fit, and a size 42 boot which didn't (very tight around the calf and heel). the stores in Dandenong and Thomastown are staffed by non-judgemental people and will definitely assist you in your queries. One female staff member told me she was amazed that I could stand in a pair of 5 1/2" heels, let alone walk in them. I even tried to convince a male staff member to try on a pair, but to no avail. As far as your size is concerned, it can be difficult to convert a male size into a female size. I wear a size 10 1/2 (aus) male running shoes, but fit into size 10 (AUS), 10 1/2 (US) 9 (UK) or (40-41 EURO). But it all really depends on the shoe. Depending on where you live in Melbourne, you might want to try a couple of the shoe stores in Chapel street. They are used to "all sorts" of people, and I have bought a couple of pairs from a place in Prahran, near the station. Just remember, you will not be the first male shopper, and you will not be the last. Like Dawn said, it is an experience you will come to love, and maybe regret (it can cost a fortune) Good luck. ps. If you would like a shopping "buddy" to break the ice in the store, myself, and a few other members, could probably help you.

Well, I've been trying shoes on in person for several years now, and it's not the horror story one would imagine. I simply go into a store (what few that carry 13 wide), when I see something I like, I ask to try them on. The salespeople aren't about to give me any grief since I'm going to spend good money on something I like, and only a fool turns away money! And there's aren't many fools in retail! Bottom line: shopping, and buying in person is no big deal!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!