My Red Patent Pumps: Here's The Proof!

JeffB

Last week, I told everyone how I wore red patent pumps at the office where I work. Well, I wore them again yesterday, and here's the proof in ever glorious color:

Posted Image

The pic, which I took myself with my handy-dandy digital camera was at my desk. I wore a bright red shirt, navy dress pants and L'Eggs Resilence pantyhose in suntan. Co-workers loved the shoes, especially the zipper-like ornament, thus, I call them, "zipper pumps". At this point, I can pretty much wear whatever I want there, and I'm having the time of my life! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. All in all, it's proven to be a very enriching experience. It's helped considerably that I do work in an environment where everyone is so openminded about what I wear. And the red patents sure did turn heads when I first wore them! :D The notion of letting my nails grow long did occur to me, but I do a great deal of typing, so they'd only get in the way, and while I'm African-American, I don't have the patience to let my hair grow long, even if I could. Skirts? That also crossed my mind from time to time, and I like to think I have the legs to pull it off, but that might push things TOO far. Anyway, I'm content with things the way they are right now.

Once again, everyone, thanks! I've probably mentioned this someplace else, but my desire to wear heels at the office led me to start dressing better and I wanted my clothes to look as nice as my shoes. Before, I wore just plain old shirts, Dockers pants and sneakers, I never cared if anything was color coordinated or even in style, just that it was clean and relatively wrinkle free. But once I started wearing heels, especially pumps, I had to update my entire wardrobe so the shoes didn't stick out. Suddenly, I was buying dressier shirts and pants, making lists of what colors matched well together, right down to the hosiery, and that everything looked stylish. Since then, I've been complimented just as much on my clothes as my shoes as everyone's long used to my wearing heels. All in all, it's gone a long way in enriching my heeling experience! :D

my desire to wear heels at the office led me to start dressing better and I wanted my clothes to look as nice as my shoes.

I for instance, feel much better when I'm dressed well.

That's the problem with men's shoes. They all look the same to me. We allways wear black or blue shoes.

With women shoes there's more variety, low heel, midheel, high heel.

The shoes never look the same.

So every time I wear a suit (5 times a week) and a different pair of womenshoes, I feel like as if I made a huge change of outfit, but I feel much better when wearing those ugly and dull mens shoes.

Wearing red shoes, you can't just wear a white shirt and black pants. It's just not matching.

You have a good point JeffB.

Jeff...once again, I applaud your fashion sense and taste! You are a beacon of light in these times for us guys who want to expand our fashion awareness to include styles "outside of the envelope".

Thanks, SQ! I'm merely doing what I love, what makes me feel good on the inside and makes me look great on the outside. By being out on the front lines, I hope I'm giving encouragement to all those guys struggling to leave their closets and venture forth into public in the shoes they want to wear but might feel constricted against doing because of fear or insecurity.

Hell, any man who can wear red patent pumps in public certainly isn't insecure! :rofl:

Jeff, you are my hero.

Thank you, Warren. Reading those words gave me a warm feeling inside. Hopefully, that picture might inspire others who are afraid or closeted to see the light and realize that wearing heels in public CAN be done.

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks! Wearing red is certainly a thrill every time I do it, and no one has a problem with it, they just say I look good in them. Which I certainly do! :D

JeffB:-) No one can dispute the fact when you tell them you wear red patent heels to work. The pics are definite proof that you did do this. Congratulations to you and keep up pushing the envelope slightly for all of the rest of us who at this time can only WISH that we could do it ourselves at work. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

JeffB:-)

No one can dispute the fact when you tell them you wear red patent heels to work. The pics are definite proof that you did do this. Congratulations to you and keep up pushing the envelope slightly for all of the rest of us who at this time can only WISH that we could do it ourselves at work. Cheers---

Dawn HH

More than black, brown or even white, wearing red patent gives me an incredible rush! It's saying I'm really pushing the envelope by wearing something so outlandish, leaving no doubt whatsoever that I've got women's shoes on, and hooker heels (what one of my co-workers jokingly called my red patents) on top of that! :D

What can I say? The folks love the shoes I wear. A couple even say they looked forward to each new day, just to see what I'll be wearing! It's all great fun! Especially when I wear red! :D

DawhHH wrote:

JeffB:-)

Your co-workers probably come to work not for the job itself, but just to see what you will be wearing that day. You make their day. You are the main attraction "Another opening, another show"--- Cheers---

Hey guys, don't you think this mutual admiration society has about run its course?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

DawhHH wrote:

Hey guys, don't you think this mutual admiration society has about run its course?

Nahh! Not yet! We'll let you know when! I'm having too much fun! Literally! :rofl:

Yeah, but how many times, and in how many different threads, can you and DawnHH pat yourselves on the back for your "self-appraised" appearance (not that you don't look good). :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.