Your favorite pair.

larry

Last night my wife asked me which pair of my heels do I favor most. I was taken aback because of her direct question and it was was something I never thought about. Like so many of you I was a purger. I bought stilletos, wore them a few times and discarded them because of the guilt / shame, uncomfortable feelings ect. Once I realized that my high heel thing wasnt going away I purchased a pair of 6" stilletos, black patent leather with semi pointed toes from a botique in NYC. $190.00. I still cant walk in them so I wear them for lounging while watching tv with my wife while we cuddle on the couch or from time to time in the bed room. I now own about 20 pairs of womens shoes and each pair is special in their own way. I think that maybe the 6" stilletos from NY are my favorite because I accepted my fetish and learned to live with it while wearing these wonderfull shoes. Do you guys ever feel a strong attraction to one pair of shoes inparticular? Thanks....Larry.

Love those heels!

My first pair of high heels that I bought in a store to wear out in public for the first time. I like them so much, I have a second pair in storage.

Posted Image

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Definately the Franco Sartos in my avatar, left.

Unfortunately, they finally wore out (blew out, more like it, like most tennis shoes do), and the line was discontinued. :D

Should have bought three more after I knew they'd be a great boot!

So, if I had to pick a pair that I can still wear, it would be these. They're padded, many straps mean they don't cut into my skin, and the footbed contour fits my foot like a glove! Although I usually wear them inside, ever since my Franco Sartos died, I've been wearing them with long jeans when we go out. Other than the heel, they're a lot like a number of men's sandals, and in five days of going out on the town, the only stare I received was from a woman who was sitting on a bench in the Aladdin as I walked by.

Posted Image

From the day I bought these shoes, these Ros Hommerson pumps (Ingra) became my numero uno:

Posted Image

I've always been a rabid fan of pumps, and these shoes are so incredibly sleek and stylish, and very comfortable! I can walk in them all day long, they match well with a variety of outfits and I can't help but feel good when I wear them, which I do a good two times a week! Oh, and I get lots of compliments when I wear them too! I just plain LOVE these shoes!!!!

I also have them in red which multiplies the sleekness factor! Hell, I've even thought about buying another several pairs to have dyed white, brown and navy! Then I'd have an entire collection! :rofl:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, we all have our passions, Gene. And pumps are mine, have been since I was 13 when I'd sneak into my mom's room to wear her shoes. Pumps are what I love and will always love.

Well, we all have our passions, Gene. And pumps are mine, have been since I was 13 when I'd sneak into my mom's room to wear her shoes. Pumps are what I love and will always love.

Good for you, JeffB. Don't let society bring you down - even if that's me!

Good grief, I preach enough on tolerance, acceptance, and fashion freedom, then am remisce about acknowledging another member in their own fashion choices!

My favorite "women's" style is the granny boot, circa the turn of last century, with a relatively wide, but sculpted, 2-1/2 to 3-3/4 inch heel, and full lace-up to just below the calf.

If I could find a classic pair of leather granny boots that were authentic to the period and sported a 3-1/2 inch heel, I would probably be willing to pay half a g for them! Then again, I can take a couple of photos to a cobbler I know who'd be willing to make me an exact-fitting pair that would last a lifetime for just $300, so...

My favorite "women's" style is the granny boot, circa the turn of last century, with a relatively wide, but sculpted, 2-1/2 to 3-3/4 inch heel, and full lace-up to just below the calf.

If I could find a classic pair of leather granny boots that were authentic to the period and sported a 3-1/2 inch heel, I would probably be willing to pay half a g for them! Then again, I can take a couple of photos to a cobbler I know who'd be willing to make me an exact-fitting pair that would last a lifetime for just $300, so...

I haven't seen Granny boots around for at least three, perhaps even four years. They used to be pretty popular back in the mid to late 90's, but I can only surmise that they've gone out of style. Good luck if you manage to find them!

A quick search of eBay turned up 58 different pairs of shoes labeled "granny boots." A lot of different styles fall into that category. Here's a couple of pair I found:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks! I like the top one (rounder toe) but prefer a more slender heel.

Sexy Shoe has some, but after another's experience with loosing the heel tips after just one afternoon with a pair of Sexy Shoes, I'm not to quick to trust them...

These are nice, but aren't real lace-ups:

Posted Image

These are lace-ups, but as I would get them for winter wear, I would wear medium-thick socks, and would need a 12 (they're out of 12's in black):

Posted Image

I could always wear these, as they were certainly do the trick, although the heel is at the lowest height I would go for my ankle, even though, since it's a rubber heel, it would be quiet as a mouse:

Posted Image

Ahhh... The leather granny:

Posted Image

As with most things there is something special about the first. The first pair I bought were the red shoes which are my avatar. There was a special feeling of anticipation when I ordered them and excitement waiting for them to arrive. I was slightly anxious as to how they would look in a large size, whether they would fit and whether I could walk in them. They duly arrived and I loved them. I still do.

Heel thyself

Over 50 pairs of heels now on my website at www.geocities.com/wayneheels/