mildly commercial V

GrayLion

This has to be a "labor of love" because it's a way too complicated and difficult endeavor for any passing fancy. I guess success is only one step (at a time) away. As to your solicitor's comments, you might tell him that is why you are seeking his expertise, to fashion a "contract" purchasers will be required to sign upon payment, absolving you of all liability. :D :rofl:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

GreyLion, Solicitors (or Lawyers here in the States) will always advise on the conservative side. Taking that argument to the extreme, any type of bondage item, i.e. handcuffs, etc or a length of chain and a padlock from a local hardware store) is inherently dangerous. As there is a legitimate and booming fetish BDSM market that utilizes these products in a safe and consensual way, I do not see how they could be viewed as "inherently dangerous". Anyone can misuse anything. Just my thoughts. Jen P.S. I will speak for my honey and I, we are eagerly awaiting your debut, especially the restrictive clothing that looks normal on the outside. To hell with the lawyers!!! :drinking:

pretty much, as I meantioned the wrought iron collars and restraints he just laughed. He is a really cool guy who I get on very well with and who I consider a friend, but yes, he's a solicitor :-) and yes, of course it is a labour of love :-) I have been around enough to see the things that are not being done or are being done badly.

Graylion

Ah, things are looking good, I'm really quite tempted by the mock ups of the Oxfords. I was a little unsure of the direction you were heading after reading some of the previous forum strings and was going to leave judgement until I could see what you intend on producing. Now that there is something tangible, I'm quite hartened, I will be near the front of the queue. Keep it up

Big D

The men here are always keen to encourage the women in their lives, and presumably women in general, to wear heels, but deter all but the most confident and determined of us from doing so. How so? Well, by constantly associating footwear with fetishism and bondage of course. I have no problem with people indulging their own predilections in any way they choose provided nobody else suffers either physically or psychologically, but the linking with 'fringe' activities of certain items of clothing is not a sensible way to give acceptability to that clothing. Of course their are some things, ballet heels, chains, padlocks, even very tight hobble skirts, which are so out of the mainstream that they can only be regarded as fetishwear, or at best, clubwear. However, linking with those the kinds of clothes or materials which, though unconventional, are acceptable in daily life is certain to be counter-productive. I'm sorry to appear negative, but, as I've pointed out before, there is, in my opinion, far too much emphasis here on the sexual aspect of wearing and seeing high heels rather than on the aesthetic and the sensual. Fortunately I don't encounter anything other than admiration or, sometimes, mystification, regarding my shoes, any perceived sexual connotations being either not mentioned or ignored. There is a big world out there where people are not obsessed with particular aspects of clothing, but simply notice a whole 'look' and either admire or not, according to their tastes. I love wearing 'statement' clothes and I dress unconventionally, even quite flamboyantly, at times, certainly by the standards of today's preference for scruffiness and grunge. Some of you will know from my previous postings that I enjoy showing off quite a lot of leg (and a not-bad figure for my age!) by wearing clothes that are short and/or tight. I consider myself fortunate in always having been close to my sensuality and possessing the confidence to express it by wearing such sensual materials as leather, fur, p.v.c., satin, even rubber. I am also a living, breathing professional in the arts who resents the implication, so often expressed here, that if I go out in, say, a short leather suit, fur coat, gloves, nylons and stiletto heels I am somehow a walking, talking fetish symbol! Of course any attention either by means of compliments or little courtesies such as having doors opened, or men stepping off pavements or standing aside for me, are always graciously acknowledged and a very welcome bonus! I'm quite willing to accept that a few of those men might see me as a bit of a 'turn-on' but I suspect most simply see a woman in later middle-age who has the self-respect to take care of her appearance in a way that suits and expresses her personality. Well another long post, I'm afraid, and to some extent going over old ground, and for that I apologise before someone takes me to task! Anne Louise

I had a discussion with my solicitor yesterday who said that I was clearly mad, that the product was inherently unsafe and would open me to aggravated damage and criminal prosecution.

Comments?

Speaking of legal issues, I would highly recommend you consult with your legal advisor about creating some kind of disclaimer for your web site business to either avoid or minimize your liability.

One dangerous practice I learned about in my scientific criminal investigation class involves people who use very restrictive bondage to heighten their pleasure and end up accidently strangling themselves. This is known as sexual asphyxia and is extremely dangerous.

If one of your customers dies from using one of your products, I'm sure the customer's heirs could find a lawyer who would be willing to sue you.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Anne_Louise Getting a little off subject but surely the main reason the items you propose as being "fetish" is down to society. As soon as society finds these "socially acceptable" they will no longer be seen as a fetish. If I may speak on behalf of other members, we all find high heels etc a great turn on in one form or another and calling us fetishists only goes to marginalise the whole concept. Surely getting these concepts out in the open and making them socially acceptable will increase the number of women, who may not yet feel comfortable, to go ahead and do so; every one is a winner! Big D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure you're aware your gallery program is changing the proportions of the thumbnails. But since you're probably working with local files, you may not realize how big some of those photo files are. The first picture in the first photoshoot is 270K. PNG is not a good file format for photographs -- stick with JPG. Dial-up users of the site will appreciate it. (and stick around)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...