new-old conversations

A pet peave. Telling a poster that something has already been discussed somewhere, before on this forum in response to a given subject, without a specific referal as to where it was. It turns me off. There are many new members to this forum. It is hard to catch up on the immensity of the archives. A specific referral where to find the thread would be an improvement but not a complete solution. Conversation involves a lot of repetition of "old" subjects between people. It serves a purpose of building relationships* (which is not exactly the correct operative in this case but I think you get what I mean maybe "ties" is more appropriate). So what, if it has been discussed before. It keeps the board active and welcoming to new and old members alike. If it is a question of repeating in the archives the moderators can decide if to omit it or join it to other threads. If you are tired of an "old" subject that has been resurrected, just ignore it. People talk about the weather all the time but we do nothing about it. It is a method for people to interact, maintain ties, be friendly.

classic style high heel boots

Well unless you give them the link, which is easier to do? Post or search? Unless you want to do the work for them, what is there to complain about?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

There's just so many subjects about high heels that you can discuss. Those of us that have been long time members of this forum have seen the same subjects recycled over and over. However, as was the case with me, I always though that I was the only male on the face of the earth that loved to wear woman's shoes. Imagin how surprised and relieved I was when I discovered, via the internet, that there are thousands of men out there like me. I was anxious to exhaustively discuss the subject. And, I'm sure the "old timers" at the time I discovered them, had discussed it all before. However, they were glad to share my enthusiasm and patiently discussed the entire range of issues associated with high heels. I am greatful for their patience. I recognize the position in which new members find themselves. It is my practice to respond to these inquiries about old subjects and point to the thread on this forum that discusses the subject more fully. And, I've seen our moderators "move" subjects into the proper thread as a means of directing new members to the right place.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

bubba136; You added a valuable element to my point. In other hobbies I pursue I take time to talk to the novice, acting as enthusiastic about their interest as I do with the experienced person such as I. I have many times had people tell me later that they greatly appreciated me as I did not ignore them because they were a beginner taking the time to help them with the hobby where many others would not give them the time of day. Having the new member come on board is refreshing as most can recognize that they were begining/new at one point as you state. I too was thrilled to make the same discovery you did.

although not the longest stander on the board, ive been around a bit and try to reply to questions asked. Im sure responses are slightly different everytime anyway. I do also find it a bit irritating when people who could have typed a reply, take the effort out to tell people to search instead.

Whats old to us older posters will be brand new to an exuberant and new newbie who is hungering for help and information and looks to us older posters for help and guidance. And sometimes, the new person gives us all a completely different slant to the subject of wearing high heels. Not only that, they need all the guidance possible to help them gain confidence to begin wearing heels out in public as much as possible. I, for one, am always ready to show by example through my own exploits at heeling in public hoping that this would help others to enjoy public heeling as much as I do. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Well unless you give them the link, which is easier to do? Post or search? Unless you want to do the work for them, what is there to complain about?

I'm with most of the rest of you.

Part of the fun, of the learning, the exploration, yeah, even the healing (emotional, spiritual) we've experienced on this board only comes through talking about it, through discussing the issues, sharing the experiences.

I'd like to sum up one very good observation, if I may, in a quote: "Students learn but once. Teachers teach. And teach. And teach. And..."

A large part of teaching involves the sharing of experiences. Again. And again. And...

It's not the same to the student to just go read a bunch of old posts and share his own to a deaf or non-existant audience. Students need feedback! Even if it's the 20th time the teacher has been through the issue.

Telling someone new "we've hashed it, look it up" denies them the same process we've experienced to get from where we were to where we are.

Even in the last 9 months I've been a part of this board, I myself have grown tremendously, some by reading others' experiences, some by posting my own, and some from the feedback I've received.

Please give the newbies the same gift, with your time, your interaction.

If you would rather not re-hash the issue, there are many other posts out there that are newer...

Genebujold:-) I can understand what you say about teachers re-teaching, and re-teaching... ad nauseum. I have been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. I am a retired teacher and my favorite saying was---"There will be a test". AND---You are never too old to learn, and I HAVE learned a lot from posting here also, even though I haven't been here as long as you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Genebujold:-)

I can understand what you say about teachers re-teaching, and re-teaching... ad nauseum. I have been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. I am a retired teacher and my favorite saying was---"There will be a test". AND---You are never too old to learn, and I HAVE learned a lot from posting here also, even though I haven't been here as long as you. Cheers---

Dawn HH

You may not have been here as long, but in the last few months you sure have screamed by me in the number of posts!

Perhaps if I weren't so long-winded...

Genebujold:-) Yes, I have screamed past you on posts, but, then again I have screamed past a lot of other people as well. All you can see is my taillights fadeing into the distance. I guess having a teachers background has taught me to be SHORT-WINDED and to get to my POINT quickly. Tee-Hee! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Genebujold:-)

Yes, I have screamed past you on posts, but, then again I have screamed past a lot of other people as well. All you can see is my taillights fadeing into the distance. I guess having a teachers background has taught me to be SHORT-WINDED and to get to my POINT quickly. Tee-Hee! Cheers---

Dawn HH

H e y , D a w n H H - w a i t f o r m e !

(doppler red-shift due to near speed-of light differential velocities...)

There's no problem talking about old subjects in new threads. All I'll say is use an existing thread if you can find one. It saves the board being clogged with multiple 3 post threads on the same subject. Having just 2 or 3 threads on the same theme with 50 posts in each is much more managable. I'm sure you all know the drill :D

There's no problem talking about old subjects in new threads. All I'll say is use an existing thread if you can find one.

It saves the board being clogged with multiple 3 post threads on the same subject. Having just 2 or 3 threads on the same theme with 50 posts in each is much more managable.

I'm sure you all know the drill :D

Is that, like, DeWalt, or Skillsaw?

Just kidding...

dawnHH: Another factor of being teacher is the teacher must know their stuff in order to teach it successfully! You are teaching from experience on this board, as many other posters do, and for that posters like me that have street heeled then retreated or are working up the courage to street feel for the first time, I appreciate your prolific postings, insight and time (something scarce for me) invested to do so. I have seen some very huge posts from you. They are not all one liners, but still to the point.