First time out in heels

hugo2fly

I have finaly done it! :roll: I went out for a walk wearing my 4" high heels, and the world didn't come crashing down around my ears. I know it's the middle of the night and there's not a soul around but I feel that's one hell of an achivement for me after all these years of thinking about it, but never quite getting the courage to go out in to the world. Maybe now I have taken this step I will be able to progress and wear my heels in public. I have been reding this forum for some time now and many of you must have been through the feelings of relief I am experiencing now, it's a great feeling to know that you are not alone. Thanks for being there.

to paraphrase: One small walk by a man in heels, one giant step for heel wearing men. Congratulations. :roll:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Congratulations!

Tell us more. What kind of heels are they? Were they visible?

Funny how sturdy the world is. Often takes more then 4” heels to make it crash.

Enjoy.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Isn't it great to find out that no matter what you're wearing, the world is unlikely to fall apart? Because of the infrequency of my chances to dress up, i discover this anew every time i do get a chance. Keep at it!

the truth shall make you fret

Sorry I could not reply right away, but I work away from home most of the time. Anyway to answer your questions they were Oxford lace ups with a 4" Louis heel. Also as I don't wear especialy long tousers with my heels, I suppose they must have been visible! not that there was anybody about . Afetr that boost in my confidence I hope to try trip to a local shoping center (mall) wearing a lower and broarder heel, but this time during the day,

Congratulations hugo2fly, Seems like you are on your way now! I remember my first time walking outside. No one around and the sound of the heels were deafening! Glad to see you get out. :roll: Lee

I have not yet worn heels outside the house except at Halloween. Too afraid to. Also have been afraid to shave my legs and wear pantyhose out as well. Maybe some day

Well, start easy. Shave your legs, wear pantyhose, heels, and long jeans. As your confidence goes up, so will your jeans or whatever else it is you wish to wear.

And lots of heels blend in quite well with long jeans:

Posted Image

These are still a favorite wintertime pair of heels when wearing my Franco Sartos (the icon to the left) is more noticeable than I care to entertain, such as taking my kid swimming at the YMCA.