New job for Victoria Beckham

Robert

Nice find Robert. It amuses me when they use phrases like "Victoria will be designing..." and "Bringing out her own range..." Translation: Her name will be used on the brand. She'll be doing fuck all else for sure, and a good idea too, if her designing abilities are anything like her singing.

ill agree to that. i read the article in the sun. She has the choice because she can afford any pair of shoes that are available, so when it comes to her 'style' i think its a case of having what some people cant. lots of people would have the same 'style' given the opportunity to buy the shoes at less than the daft price tags im interested to know what makes the designer shoes so expensive, in terms of construction etc. is it just the name or are they constructed better in some miracle way to justify the prices daz

It's the name, I think it's made from a very rare metallic element and put on the articles of clothing/ footwear using a special process handed down through generations of designers who all descended from a long lost tribe of ancients. Or it's just that some people are willing to pay through the nose to have exactly the same stuff you can buy for a tenth of the price because they can display a designer label.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

In a word, snob value. For some people, £600 on shoes or £5000 on a dress is nothing. So by wearing an expensive item only once they're making the subliminal statement "I've got the means to buy anything I want".

For me, the existence of Victoria Beckham conjours up the word 'irrelevant'. In writing this, I've already wasted too much of my life commenting upon her occupation of this planet. Xa

I hope she's done a course at college gaining a degree in footwear design! Oh she hasn't? That's wierd! Do you mean to tell me that I've wasted three years of my life only to find that it is almost impossible to get a job in my chosen career that will feed my family? Perhaps I'm overqualified? Perhaps all I needed to have done is spend enough money in a certain shoe shop in order to be invited to design shoes for them? Does she know how they're built? Does she know where to put a seam and where you mustn't? Can she produce a set of patterns? Can she predict fashions 3 years in advance? Can she analyse market trends? Can she bollocks! Ooooh! It makes my blood boil!!!!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.