I find this out AFTER the fact???

ShockQueen

I found out something rather peculiar about one of my past jobs long after I left the company. I was working for a high-speed internet company in Colorado and got let go due to some rather complicated dealings, but while I was there, I was wearing heels for quite a long while (at least a couple of years). Recently, I found out from one of my friends that some of the supervisors were intimidated by the sight of me in heels, and one of them would always stare after me when I went by her desk! I find it rather funny that the person who was staring was not the type of person I would think would do that. Everyone else was very supportive of my fashion habits and always commented on how well I walked in them and how cute they looked. I guess you don't always find out everything about people right away. How odd...... :roll:

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Odd? I wonder how many other members of this forum have the opportunity to look at a guy chugging down the aisle in high heels? While I (me, myself) wouldn't consider it odd, I would have to say it would be highly unusual (peculiar) and cause for wonderment by those that are not familiar with the concept. But, I wonder why she felt intimitated by the sight of you in high heels? Could it possibly be because of the "sexual harassment" confusion these days?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Speaking of "sexual harassment", if you have proof you were let go because you wore heels and no other reason, bet you could bring a lawsuit. I am SURE there are MANY lawyers who would jump at that one, especially in today's climate! Scotty

They say they were intimidated???!!! :roll: What kind of BS is that!!!?? :) The fact that one of them kept staring at you is the violator not you for sure. That kind of starring could be translated to harassment. They were not intimidated they were gellous and pissed for you treading on something that women cherished only for themselves. If you ever see it in the work place report it, best to open a line of commutation with management first before smoke turns into fire. I have experienced in a shopping mall in Portland Maine one time that kind of stare before two yeas ago form a group of older, in their 50's 60's women. I was sitting on a bench in a intersection of the mall that had a raised "garden" with one of my legs crossed exposing my heels to the fullest. Out or the corner of my eye there were the women starring at me. The looks of their disgust and anger like after some hit them with a frying pan. Since I only noticed them from the corner of my eye, they weren’t aware that I knew that they were looking at me. I choused to ignore them but I also had a few "smart ass" responses thought out if they wanted to do any thing more then look like idiots looking at me.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Hoverfly, You should have purposely "flashed" more boot at them :roll: Would have been even better if your wife could have pretended like she was just meeting you there and loudly said "Hey honey, <kiss> oh, you wore the sexy boots, cool!" :):D Scotty

Flash more boot you say?? Only If I was wearing thigh highs!!! There was nothing to left to show with the ones I was wearing. :roll: Oh BTW GF not wife, wife now exwife for two years now. Come to think of it, Texasbumpkin was geting a coffe. They might halved seen her with me when she returned......

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

The fact that one of them kept staring at you is the violator not you for sure. That kind of starring could be translated to harassment. They were not intimidated they were gellous and pissed for you treading on something that women cherished only for themselves

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

The thing is, do we get angry cos women wear trousers....no. Why cant we be allowed a basic human right called, 'freedom of choice'

Hello ShockQueen. Larry here and i'm not suprised. My high heel wearing is limited to my private life, And in my home. Truth be told...I just dont understand how heelfan and the the others (you hnow who you are) get away with wearing high heels to work or out doors. I think that you guys must be flamboyant in your attire and must possess a natural talent for how you carry yourselves while wearing high heels. When I hear the click click on hard floors, I look to see, Whose wearing the stilletos. I have dropped lines to my employees and co - workers about some of the men that I have seen in P town, wearing heels and most reactions are negative. Also, When I was a teen, We had a new kid move into the neighborhood. He sometimes wore what appeared to be ladies sandals, painted toe nails and tight fitting jeans with a hair brush in his back pocket. This kid was wonderfull, Somewhat timid and shy, but he was the first one to offer help to someone in need and he never refused to offer help at a church function or charitable event or fund raiser. I saw, First hand many times, how people would stare at him and giggle behind his back. What i'm trying to say is I just dont know how you guys do it. Maybe i'm too sensetive about this. Maybe it's the fact that that high heels are sexy to me. Maybe the lady who was staring at your shoes had a thing for high heels herself and was turned on by wearing heels and lingere and found it disgusting to see a man in heels looking femenine.I would to wear my stilletos in the real world like you do but I just dont have what it takes.....Bless You.... Larry.

Love those heels!

i think t takes much more guts than the average 'macho' male that wouldnt ever dare wear such things. Now as heelfan and others have often said, they enjoy the attention that the shoes were designed to attract. personally i dont posess the 'balls' to do that, or not yet at least. my heels are usually hidden apart from on a brave day. I dont enjoy the attention, just the sensation and personal enjoyment of wearing them. I would say though that most people will be negative, cos of stereotyping etc, when round other people. Its what theyd expect you to want to hear so they just agree etc. Dont be put off by negative opinion however. Jade used to react fairly negative and say that only a gay minded person would want to, though now she has seen me in heels and used to it, she couldnt disagree with that more. She is now the best support i have with it. Ive said a hundred times that its all in the head. if you take a picture of a man and woman in jeans and heels, cut off from knees down, you cant tell the difference which is which..the point... it looks the same. So why does it look bad on a man but not a woman. Answer, it doesnt, its the exact same image, its all in the head of what is 'expected' for us to wear, and its upto the individual to break down that wall, and wear what you want to. daz

The UK Heel-Meets do a lot og good in this respect. The newcomers and shy-guys see veterans like Firefox strolling around in 4" heels as if it's the most natural thing in the world, and also notice how well he blends in to the general public without anyone seeming to notice at all. He wears them to meet all his business clients and just about everywhere else as well (except on the golf course!).

Posted Image

I reckon any budding street-heeling guy can do this just as well as Firefox if they just relax and get on with it! The demons are only in your own mind, and not in the public's. Even if the odd person does notice my heels or Xaphod's or Firefox's they only pause for a split second, it's no big deal to them (but only maybe to you!) and then just carry on walking and within seconds they've probably forgotten all about it.

Street-heeling is a great feeling and very liberating. Don't let silly imaginary fears get in the way of it. I think it is much more healthy to mix with the public and get on with our lives rather than staying cocooned indoors and only getting the heels out for your own amazement!

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Thank you heelfan and daz. You two are a real inspiration. I would never discourage any male from wearing heels in public. Its only my fear of what others may think that keeps me from doing the same thing.....Daz..I have seen some of your pix and I must admit that theyre very sexy and I admire you. Although I am 100% hetero, I love seeing other men in heels and yes, Because of my macho thing I cant get past the idea of going public. I blame my wife for her being adamant about me wearing heels out, but I just dont have the guts to do it. I hope that I havent pissed anyone off.....Larry.

Love those heels!

No worries, Larry. I just got to a point in my life where I didnt give a flip about what other people thought and just did what makes me happy. I don't know what was going through that supervisors mind when she saw me in heels, but that wasn't the reason I am no longer with that company (like I said....it's a rather long story there), but if it would have been simply due to my "heely" nature, then you know I'd have been in there with a lawsuit in about 0.0000001 seconds. Yes...just that quick! :roll: Besides...from what I hear going on about that place these days, I'm really glad I'm not there anymore. I'd go stark-raving mad!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Its all a matter of attitude - I wear them with confidence and they are not an issue to others - they are for me and if someone else admires them, great. If they don't - to h**l with them. Vern

Vern,

what type of shoes do you exactly wear? Curious...

CU!

-Mike

hi larry in response to the above, thankyou for your comments. they do but increase my own confidence with such compliments. I enjoy to see other men in heels. Not because it turns me on, Like you im 100% hetro, however i like to see how others present themselves with male attire, and how they look in heels in comparison to how i try and look etc. also seeing what heels they wear is interesting too. As has been said, not many on the board can walk the walk and show a picture. obviously if youre wife is negative of your want and need to wear heels, then it will put you off, her attitude will do nothing to help your confidence, and will make you feel bad about what you are doing, when it should be nothing to be ashamed of. The macho image is all about what people expect of you, so i can see where this fits in you. Have you not tried negociating with your wife to see if she will accept more masculine styles etc. I dont recall you giving details of you and your wife n ur heels daz

Hello Daz and I appreciate your concern. Theres definitely a lack of communiciations here and it's probably my fault. My wife knows of my stilleto heel / stocking fetish. She even encouraged me on my last shoe purchase and she helped me with the appropiate shade of nylons that look good with them. During our private times we wear our high heels and stockings together, But what I really want is to wear stilleto heels and stockings in my every day world..Into work, To a resturant, or to a movie and be accepted. My wife wont hear of this and I understand her point of view as I would feel ridiculous in doing so, Nonetheless, I admire all of the men and women who wear stilletos in public in their every day life...We usually wear heels and hose during sex and I often trapes around the house in high heels and nylons during these glorious times. But me wearing stilletos in public? It aint gonna happen! But I admire those of you guys that do.......Larry.

Love those heels!