When your heel breaks!

DeSalto

Have any of you guys the experience of breaking a heel when walking in stilettos? It remembers me one of my first pairs of heels, a very sexy white leather ankle strap 5" stiletto sandals. Their heels were very, very thin, and I loved to spend hours wearing them and walking around my apartment. One day I was parading in a corridor when suddenly my right sandal made a crack noise, slid on the floor and I almost fell down. When I regained balance and looked at my high heeled sandal, I noticed that I had a broken heel. I've always heard about women breaking their heels, but could never imagine it would happen to me.

No shoe is better than a sexy pair of stilettos!

Yes! I broke my high heel at, of all places, our UK Birmingham Heel-Meet last autumn (2003), in front of the other Forum members who attended! Amazingly though, it wasn't one of my stilettos that broke. For the first three hours or so I had been wearing my Faith "Sabrina" ankle boots with thin dagger 4 1/2" heels with no problem. But minutes after I had changed-down into my "Principal" high-loafers from Brantano with 3 1/2" thicker blade heels, my feet had an argument with an escalator in Birmingham's Bullring Shopping Centre, and 'CRACK!', my left heel sheared right off about 1/2" below the top of the heel! The heel had an imitation-stacked-leather covering, but inside it was hollow plastic with only thin walls. I wasn't best pleased! Dr. Shoe was very interested, being the Forum's shoe construction expert, but said nothing could be done on the spot. Fortunately on these regular UK Heel-Meets I always carry a nifty bag just big enough to carry two pairs of high heels in additions to the ones I've got on, so my third change, my pair of River Island's "Blower" 4" ankle boots with very slim 4 1/2" Louis heels got me out of trouble. Mind you, it would have been hugely embarrassing if I'd been wearing those on a normal street-heeling trip to my local shops etc., when I would have been stranded without carrying any spare pairs! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether it is shear luck or not, but in 58 years of wearing high heeled shoes and boots---I have never once broken a heel. Isn't that amazing??? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I have been unfortunate enough to have broken a heel. Xmas time 2 years ago, I was seeing some of our guests out when -crack- one heel decided to part company as well. Nothing I could about it right there and then, but a repair was definately needed. Firefox took them home to sort them out for me. The heel wasn't stiletto, it was more blade like, but heels will break no matter what the construction.

Only with a pair of sandals from Fredericks.

I really enjoy their styles - sure do wish they would learn how to make heels comfortable.

Regardless, I just received a pair of Cole Haans in the mail:

Posted Image

They're expensive ($165), but incredibly worth it - they're well-designed, all leather, extremely comfortable, and sturdy. I don't think I'll have to worry about breaking a heel wearing these!

Perhaps that's why they cost so much...!

I'm such a tightwad...

Genebujold:-) Very nice pair of shoes and like you said---expensive but sturdy. Your not any more of a tightwad than any one else is. If you see something that lights up your fancy and your have the means to pay for it---you get it. And sometimes even when you can't afford it at the time---you get it anyways. I'm sure you will, over time, get your moneys worth and enjoyment out of them. Shyguy:-) Your joking, aren't you? That's the advertisers way of illustrating the different colors the shoe is available in. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I did have one embarassing encounter. It was downtown Chicago, late one fall evening. I was wearing 5" stiletto oxfords. My jeans covered up most of my shoes. So I felt comfortable crossing a street. I entered the crosswalk as the light turned green. I was enjoying listening to the clicking sound of my heels on the hard pavement. I had reached the middle of the street when it happened; a crunching sound as one of my heels collapsed and broke off completely. The feeling of embarassment rushed through my body as I had to turn around and limp a couple of steps to reach the broken heel. As I stooped down, I realized that my jeans would slide up exposing my high heel oxfords. And the worst part was that there were vehicles nearby stopped for the red light. But I had no choice. I just avoided any eye contact with those drivers. After retrieving the broken heel, I limped through the crosswalk to reach the sidewalk. Luckilly it was a short distance to where my car was parked. Once inside the safety of my car, a feeling of aggravation replaced the embarassment. I never tried to repair those oxfords since I would never wear them again.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Hi PJ,

your misfortune seems to me like a nightmare. As a girl you have to reckon in the worst case with piteous glimpses. May be even that you meet a nice helpful guy or girl.

But as a guy on heels you will earn probably malicious laughter. Some monthes ago I stumbled almost in the same situation as you. My right heel became more and more wobbly. In the mid of the main shopping mall of Frankfurt :):D:o . I sneaked very carefully back to my car. A sigh of relief when I arrived at the parking place - still with two heels!!!

Here a pic of my unfaithful stiletto boots. After my repair with stable wood screws they are my favourite boots again :roll:

Posted Image

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!