Foot Trainers from Marquis

jagman

Limitted to only 5" heel after 2 years, I went mad ( blame it on a very fine Polish Vodka chilled, chasing a couple of bottles of Stella) and ordered the set of foot trainers from http://www.marquis.de/onlineshop/product_info.php?cPath=32_83&products_id=565.

I must say the quality is c**p. The straps are PVC, the buckles are only one sided, holes don't fit and the cross bar under the instep has no padding. Material costs must be in the order of €30 as opposed to the €400 asking price.

This is a ripoff!

A quick visit to B&Q for some Velcro straps and some central heating foam lagging will cure the problem but a home made solution would have been more cost effective.

So what's all the fuss about?

ok, you made a mistake. However, do they work? (If they do, I think we could fabricate a pair cheaper than what they're charging) :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thank you Bubba. I think I made it quite plain that I had more money AND Vodka than sense at the time. Will a can of petrol and matches in St Anns Square on a Saturday morning do? :D OK. The basic design of the frame is sound and light, although the top could have been curved to fit the profile of the back of the knee better. I used two types of Velcro straps; 'Adjustable Stretch Straps 25mm*68cm' and 'Adjustable Hanging Straps 37mm*55cm' both obtainable from B&Q. This is a great improvement as both types are much easier to apply and being porous more comfotable for longer periods than PVC. I used the the stretch straps around the foot to apply a steady pressure, the theory being that this would be less damaging for longer periods. The mico pipe laging is essential under the instep. Do they work? Only time will tell. Love to hear what you can come up with.

Hey jagman, no criticism intended. I was just surprised at the high price and curiouis about the construction. I like the fixes you applied and believe they should do the trick to achieve intended results. How about the steel framing? Can the frames be easily made and, if so, what material would you use? (Quite frankly, I would guess that you would be able to sell all the sets you can make to people right here on this forum.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The principle seems fairly clear.

I would use wood for the side bits. Bolts or threaded studs and nuts for the cross pieces, pipe foam insulation, cotton wool and duct tape for padding round the bolts, and Jagman's velcro straps or even wide soft leather belts bought from a charity/thrift shop. Total cost of materials about $20-$30

The frame is preformed and then chromed out of 6mm steel with the cross struts welded. I agree with Firefox. The construction needs to be clean and simple. I live in a small flat with no workshop facilities and can't do with the mess, time or equipment to construct a one off. I'm sure there's are others in the same situation. The other possible method wich I posted previousaly as an idea was to use something running down the top of the shin (such as PVC guttering with stategic padding) to the end of the foot forcing the instep in the similar manner as wearing a ballet boot. This would be even lighter an simpler to construct. This has got to be a small biusiness venture for someone.