UK guy needs help from US guys

jagman

There's some great stuff from Nordstrom, Spiegel and Newport that we can't get over here. But they won't ship internationally!

Why? With the dollar rate as it is we would love to buy from the US. Access USA is a pain in the *** to set up and there's stilll the problem of the Visa billing address to overcome.

I'm particularly interested in the 'double zip boot' and 'lace up pump' from newport.

Can anyone act as a fowarding agent? I have a Paypal account. My email address is jagman436@yahoo.ie.

Obviously both parties would need to feel comfortable about this, and I would be happy to discuss how this could be achieved.

So what's all the fuss about?

You have my sympathy! I live in the US and have dealt with a supplier in Germany called Atelier Fusaro Shoes. They are a great company and have a fantastic selection in sandals and clogs. They ship internationally too so what is my problem???? The damn freight charges to the US usually cost as much or more than the shoes!!! I agree that it would be great to deal internationally and I even have a friend in The Netherlands that I work with in shoe trades. Us shoe lovers need a network where we can have international access without the hassles!!!! Think of it, a new style of diplomacy through shoes!!!! :D

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Well I have a PayPall account as well, send me info on what you want. (picture, product number) and let me see what it's going to cost you.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Look like Hooverfly has you covered. just a bit of advise from experience, my wife buys from newport and they often do not have in stock what they advertise. At least half of what she has ordered... has been weeks, sometimes months in getting delivered. Let me know if we can be of help, I also have a paypal account. Lee

International shipping charges are the same for merchants as they are for private individuals. Catalog sales and eBay purchases often have a "handling charge" included with the shipping charges. "Shipping & Handling." While not always greater than the shipping costs alone, this usually represents a cost for packaging, etc. Be aware, if anyone orders an item from a catalog, or makes a purchase from eBay, there is still a initial shipping charge assessed to the purchaser. If the guy in the USA, to which the guy in Europe/UK has his purchases sent, the shipping charge to the USA address would have to be added to the cost for which the guy in Europe/UK has to reimburse to the US guy. Therefore, making the actual cost of the item more because of the extra shipping charge. The only case where it would be cheaper would be if the USA guy is able to go into a store and purchase the item directly off of the shelf -- like a pair of shoes from Payless, Nordstroms, etc. However, if the guy in Europe/UK wants to buy a pair of shoes and the US merchant doesn't ship to Europe, then the guy in the USA can be very helpful regardless of the additional shipping charges. I guess this is a round about way of saying that cost of international shipping is expensive and usually makes inexpensive items not worth the price of shipping overseas.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Firstly, many thanks for your replies and offers of help, this is a great example of the mutual support that an international site like this can give.

The 2 articles I'd like to purchase are

Newport News, Double zip bootie, Black, Size 11 Wide,

http://www.newport-news.com/shop/product.asp?gpCatID=1914&paCatID=1915&subcatID=&catid=4898&Color=&MainstyleID=193992&superstyleid=147188&pageindex=0&firstpagetypeid=6&productindex=0&OrderItemIndex=&sz=&previouspage=&isfeature=

Newport News, Lace up Pump, Black, Size 11,

http://www.newport-news.com/shop/Product.asp?gpcatID=1914&pacatID=1915&subcatID=&catid=2624&superstyleID=147463&productindex=20&firstpagetypeid=6&pageindex=12

Hoverfly, maybe you could take this. My email account with Yahoo expired but seems to be working now. jagman436@yahoo.ie

Lee, again thanks for your offer and I'd love to call on your help. If I can return the favour please let me know.

Bubba, when you get into 'collection mode' you realise that sometimes you've just got to take the hit (more money than sense remember :D ). European styles are getting extemeley 'pointy' this season and I'm not into that for myself.

So what's all the fuss about?

one good thing about buying two or more pair of shoes at the same time is that they can be shipped together thus making the shipping costs much less than they would be for a single item. There is economy in that. :D

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.