Testimonials: heeling life before and after this forum

kneehighs

I'm not exactly skilled at reading each and every post on this board, and dissecting and categorizing it under it's appropiate forum thread, but one forum thread I thought might be good to start is heeling life before and after this forum. It would inspire the visitors, the wallflowers, and the veterans alike. We are working together here for a common cause. Much like the stonesmith who hammers and hammers and hammers a thousand times before the stone is broken, I think a testimonial thread could bring us an extra swing and hit -- an inspiration to everyone. And its a theme I've seen mixed in other threads, but without it's own isolated thread. Before, I was an underfed skinny dog with its tail between it's knees and shaking legs when I tried to street heel. The first pair of burgundy loafers I ever bought was from a self-help store where you try things on yourself. And it took all the courage in the world for me to even bring them up to the counter. And when I asked the blonde assistant if she thought it was okay, even she said yes, that they still looked like mens shoes. But I was a veritable trembling fool when I walked through that shop and I know it. My head probably did a full 360 turn for every step I took to make sure no one I knew was there, or that no one was looking. And thats how I wore them out too. My head was like a radar detector on a stealth bomber, swerving left and right for the slightest hint of enemy detection. And this type of behavior categorized virtually every experience I had wearing heels before I became acquainted with this forum. Sure, I had the occassional phenomenal experiance, but they were more rare than common. Most of the time I wear black, blade 3.5" heeled boots now, with boot cut jeans or pants and some heel showing--enough to be stylish. I can honestly say that now I enjoy walking through Barnes and Noble and sitting at the cafe, sipping a hot mocha, and reading a good book or magazine, all the while non-chalantly enjoying my rich, inner experience of making my private life a true, public reality. I've even asked very attractive women here in Manhattan what they thought of my heels! One girl was from London and immediately and without hesitation gave a thumbs up! Soon here friend also mentioned that they were stylish. That made me feel good. I've worn them during the day, during the night, during the morning. And I'm sure some of my street heeling confidence has come as a result of this board. So instead of being the trembling dog with his tail between his legs like I started out as, I am now more closely akin to a dalmation. Though I haven't yet reached it's elegant stride and social poise, I am getting closer and closer every day.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

This forum has given all of us some encouragement to wear heeled shoes in the street - in public or out-of-sight places. To me the major problem is the choice of footwear for my size - EUR 44 (US 13 I think). For that size the manufacturers produce only fetish footwear, which is OK for bed-games and home-heeling. But I would like to wear some nice stylish 3-4 inch block heels outside. I used to go to shoeshops in my city whenever I could to check out the new models. But since they only fit my wife and she's not such a big fan - I quit because I cannot wear them anyway :D I have seen some desirable boots and shoes in Zappos webstore, bu they go upto size 11 :D And besides it is in the USA, which doesn't ship to my country (trieved several times). I hope You fellows can share my problem and we together can work out a solution here. Maybe I just start over searching all the shops :D

HH forever!

I've worn women's boots since about the age of 11, but only in the house. There have been periods lasting up to a few years when I rarely wore them. This was usually when I was having a satisfying relationship. After the relationship ended, I would go back to wearing boots. I joined this forum a few weeks before meeting my fiancee Katherine. A few months after I met her, I started to wear wedged slides in public at night without her knowledge. A short time later I told her that I liked to wear women's boots. She basically told me that it had to stop in order for the relationship to go any further. So I stopped again. She lets me wear my slides, but only in the house when there are no visitors present. I've since given my boots to a friend who is my size. However I cannot say that I really miss them. Katherine wasn't really a boot person before she met me. But now she wears them to bed to keep me satisfied. It may be next to impossible for a gay man to go straight, and we shouldn't expect him to. But I am living proof that a boot-wearing man can be "reformed". I think the reason I have been successful is that I have always worn women's boots for sexual stimulation. Now that Katherine is wearing them for me, they aren't necessary.

Michael

This board has had a great impact in my personal life. One of the greatest things is the peace of mind it gives me since I know there are many more that share the same feelings as me. It is not me against the world, there are more that feel the same way and have the same type of problems, fears, challenges, etc. Another great impact is to feel the support from all the people in the board. It is great to know that this is the place to look for advise, help, or to simply to share the joy of having done an outing or any special activity significant enough that is worth sharing.

Ironically, I wore heels far more often before I found this board (actually it was debbie's site- this board's predecessor) even before the internet got going as it were. At the time I was studying footwear design at college so I could get away with wearing heels every day- which of course I did. I even got to wear some out, so much so that one pair actually fell apart on my feet! Now I drive a truck and work in an extremely macho environment. Not that the environment is really the reason it's just that it is very difficult to drive a truck in heels and I have enough accidents when I wear flats so... :D Even cowboy boots make it awkward enough and most continental drivers drive in socks which is why you see so many French, German and Dutch drivers in clogs.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

To be honest, before I found this website I never even thought about wearing heels in public. I have worn heels off and on alot in private and usually ended up throwing them away because of guilt feelings. I finally decided to do a search to see how many men actually wore heels (to find out if I was sick and perverted or if alot of guys were into it). It was during this search I found this site. My first few times out in heels were nothing major, just block mules and even then it was at night checking into a hotel (I used to travel for work and had to stay in a hotel during the week). Like most of you, I was very nervous and sure everyone was looking at me. I was able to convince my wife to let me try wearing less obvious heels out (3 inch block boots) and even wore them to work for a while. I am now on a new job where I have alot less privacy and share an office with 5 guys/1 girl and don't really want to push wearing higher heels, although I do wear 2 inch shoes (I also have lifts inside the heel to give me another inch). My wife said she would let me wear the higher boots on the weekends, but lately we have been busy working on the house so I haven't had alot of time to wear my boots, however I am proud to say that ALL the shoes I wear now are women's shoes. I no longer own a pair of men's shoes and have been wearing only women's shoes since I joined. I do sneak in my black pumps in the morning for breakfast and getting dressed since my daughter isn't awake yet, but that is about the only time I wear them. My wife agreed that one of these weekends we will go out on a date and I can wear my boots and she will wear her pumps. I am very much looking forward to that. Scotty

There's not much difference for me. I've always worn heels outside before and after the net. I'm really glad it has helped some people to find a fashion niche they are comfortable with inside and out though. I've also met some great people through the board, so in that repect it's been a success too.

Its been a strange old month or so since I found this board: I've gone out in London town in heels (something I had not considered before), come out to my girlfriend, gone out with her in my local town wearing my female jeans (she was jealous because they fit me so well), and realised that on the whole no-one notices these things! I totally agree with some of the other posts - peace of mind and not having to keep things hidden or secret, which was really driving me to distraction. I think the internet (despite its flaws) has done a lot to bring like minded people together for mutual support. N