An Ebay Observation

barney15c

I buy and sell my shoes on Ebay. Out of the 30 odd pairs of womens shoes /heels (Size 10UK) I have sold all but one have been to males. Although its quite possible that some of those were bought for a wife/ girlfriend who has a much larger than average foot it does seem to suggest to me that there are a lot of men who do wear heels / womens shoes. A trawl through the larger sizes 10 -12 also seem to suggest that most of the winning bidders are male (I look at what the buyers have previously bought via their feedback which gives a fair indication). Does anyone agree with me on this? Could it be likely that this indicates there a lot more males that like wearing heels out there? Your thoughts please.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

I think that you would get a fairer idea if you were selling size 7 or 8, where there was more of an overlap between the sexes. I imagine that there aren't that many women who have size 10 feet. That said, you only need to read the boards here to know that there are many guys who enjoy wearing heels, and that's just the ones who've found this board. I often look through the heels on Ebay, and have noticed a large number being sold as "too high for me!". Usually they're only four inches or so! Chris

Many if not all of the platform stilettos being sold on eBay are made in China. That also applies to other styles, such as Sensual Steps brand. The Chinese shoes tend to run a little large, in my experience, and the platforms have thicker heels and rubber soles. The upper materials tend to be heavier, also, and not shaped quite right for me. The Kiss labeled shoes are also Chinese made. I prefer the U.S. made platforms, which seem more graceful and refined, and usually fit better. The photos often seem to show a U.S. shaped shoe and not the thicker Chinese one. The non-platform ones seem to be OK. Leslie Shoes (Sexy Shoes) are often Chinese, too, and they sell Sensual Steps shoes, but usually not by that name.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree. the u.s. made wear exactly as ordered. often you see them advertised with a specific heel, you e mail them and ask if that is the exact heel. they say yes it is, take your money, and send you a cheap copy of the u.s. made and it has nothing to do with the u.s. hell. ah well. i've only been riped off twice: once by Forplay. the other was Wildrose, eastern U.S. and i think they sold my credit card number too...