For the mule lovers

kromozome

All right, I thought this was going to be a picture of some mules and they are in fact, slides. Mules have a closed toe, slides do not.

I think slides is an American term. I never really hear it being used here in the UK. We call them mules, whether they have a closed toe or not.

What do you guys and gals in other countries call them ?

Paul.

I think the term "slide" is farily new -- not more than two or three years old. It seems I first noticed it when this style of shoe became popular. They look like regular shoes with the heal cup removed or reduced.

Posted Image

And mules have high heels, something like these:

Posted Image

This style of "slide" has been popular around here for the past 3 or 4 years -- Women wear them with all style of dress. Shorts, pants, dresses, usually without stockings or socks. They are comfortable and nice for hot weather.

Posted Image

However, when you look on eBay, you will see that mules, clogs and slides are used to describe all three different styles.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

My information came from a lady friend that I dated for awhile. She sold clothes in a large department store, and was very into clothes and shoes. She liked shoes as much as I did and we had great times shopping together. She is the one who clued me in on the difference between slides and mules. Slides have open toes and no back. Mules and clogs have closed toes and no back. Hey, you can't argue with a woman. As Will Rogers said, there are several ways to win an argument with a woman. None of them work.

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm something of traditionalist (if such a word can be applied to men who wear heels) and prefer pumps, my favorite style of shoe. I've never liked mules, but I won't disrespect anyone else who loves 'em! Viva le difference! :D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!