Advice on secret lifts

new_look

ive read in many places about people adding lifts inside shoes to give increases in heel height, or to give heeled effects on normal appearing shoes.

http://www.bertulli.co.uk/

this site appears to produce lots of styles with heel lifts upto 10cm with the appearence of normal flat shoes, at fairly reasonable prices.

Has anyone owned or seen anything such as these items, if so, are they like a high heel and create an arched feeling, or are they a raised platform?

many thanks

daz

No Daz, they're not a raised platform. Only the rear part is raised just like a wedge heel, only hidden, to give a raised or lifted arch. However, if you're anything like me or Highluc or one or two others that have posted earlier on this topic, you will quickly become utterly bored once you've been wearing them for a few days. If I can put it this way, if a girl walked by wearing them, we'd think "nice girl, but shame about the frumpy flat shoes!". Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Daz! While most of us would really like to be able to wear our stiletto heels anywhere and everywhere we go -- just as we would wear our men's shoes -- society, as a whole, isn't ready for us yet. Therefore, if you really want to wear women's shoes why not pick out a pair of kinda "gender neutral" styles of women's shoes with 2 or 2½" block heels and wear them out and about. And, for those that might think you wear "strange shoes," they will soon get used to seeimg you wearing them and forget all about it. A pair of dress, borwn or black loafer style shoes is, in my opinion, is much preferable to wearing "lifts" inside your men's style shoes. A pair like these for example:

Posted Image

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Daz! While most of us would really like to be able to wear our stiletto heels anywhere and everywhere we go -- just as we would wear our men's shoes -- society, as a whole, isn't ready for us yet.

Ok - waitaminute...

Aren't you the one who's always saying how nobody gives a hoot what you wear?

Then you say "society isn't ready for us, yet?"

I would agree in one sence - society is not yet ready for any sizeable percentage of the male population to begin wearing decidedly feminine heels (pink pumps, strappy 5" sandals beneath capri pants, etc.

But I also agree that society as a whole for the most part doesn't really care about men wearing heels, especially when they're conservatively styled.

Is that what you're alluding to by "gender-neutral?"

Our problem would be solved if someone just opened a line a men's footwear with heels. Once the heel-height hurdle was passed, the style issue would quickly follow.

One of the problems in the 70's is that women's heels were very feminine. There were no women's heels that looked more like they belonged on a man's foot (like Harley-Davidson's line of high heeled boots) than a woman's foot.

These days, however, those styles abound. Aside from the heel itself, no woman living in the 70's would ever wear the style of heels worn by most men.

That's the thing about the fashion industry - always 2 years ahead, but 20 years behind the times.

I agree with you that

society as a whole for the most part doesn't really care about men wearing heels, especially when they're conservatively styled.

And, you're also correct that I've opined that "no one really gives a hoot what you wear." That (my) statement, however, is the "general rule" that usually applies in areas outside of a individual's immediate habitate or professional domaine. Don't you believe it's up to each individual to analyze his circumstances and develop a profile suitable to fit his unique situation?

Over the years, I've found that banks, at least those that I have dealt with, to be the most conservative, image conscience businesses of all. Strict dress, grooming and behavior codes. And, management quick to critize any deviation that might detract from the corporate vision.

Daz has chosen a career in the banking industry. And, if he aspires to clime the management ladder, I'm sure he is keenly perceptive of how his supervisors would view his appearing in black boots or pumps with 4" stiletto heels no matter how nice he looks.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, as the old saying goes. And Daz appearing in less feminine womens shoes is just another way to satisfy his desire and stay within acceptable limits. That's why I suggested the style of shoes I did.

Even you have indicated more than once that you don't wear your heels everywhere.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Don't you believe it's up to each individual to analyze his circumstances and develop a profile suitable to fit his unique situation?

I think that is important. I also think you can alter the situation around you by certain actions. For example, by wearing heels and doing a good job, people will often accept it's simply an irrelevant facet of your nature. It's not true in every profession perhaps, but it's not that difficult either to steer clear of the professions where this may be the case.

Another thing I found about wearing heels at work is that once you have done it for 15 years, it becomes no big deal. The grass is always greener on the other side, and you may find yourself wearing a variety of shoes, not just heels.

Perhaps banking and legal areas may not be good ones to push the boundaries. If that were me I'd say stuff them. There are plenty of jobs in engineering, local authorities, technical professions, being self employed etc where you can interact with reasonable people.

If the bankers want to be wankers, then you can always go elsewhere. Eventually they will wake up to modern ideas :D

There are advantages as well. In a few years time I'm going to be asking Mr Daz for a low lnterest advance for our next project. The rate we are looking for will be directly proportional to you know what.

• 10 months later...

Daz, Are you still looking for information on this? I dont know if you saw my threads, I created my own lift that give me the feeling of wearing a heel while wearing shoes alot lower. Ok, it isn't 100% feeling like a heal, but much better than wearing boring men's shoes. PM me if your interested and we can talk more. Scotty