Helmut Newton has left the building

Guest Allu

One of the most known fetish photographer is dead. Luckily he left us many beautiful pictures which will stay forever. Helmut newton is one reason I visit this and Jennys board. I will miss him

For inquiring minds that want to know:

Helmut Newton

Helmut Newton was considered one of the masters of 20th-century fashion photography. Born Jewish in Berlin, on October 31, 1920, Newton bought his first camera in 1932. As life became more dangerous for Jews in Germany, Newton fled Germany in 1938, leaving on a boat for China, which had no Jewish quotas. He disembarked in Singapore. He was eventually sent to an internment camp near Melbourne; upon his release, he served in the Australian army and began working as a photographer, contributing to Australian "Vogue". In 1961, Newton returned to Europe, where he worked for the French, English and American editions of "Vogue".

Newton met his wife, actress June Browne, in Australia in 1946 when she came to be photographed. She later became a photographer as well, under the name Alice Springs. Newton photographed for the leading publications including "Vogue", "Stern", "Jardin des Modes", "Elle", "Queen", and "Playboy," among others. His images were sometimes suggestive of an erotic and violent nature.

Helmut Newton died January 23, 2004 in an automobile accident in Los Angeles, CA.

Was he a member here?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Although I never heard of this man until this posting, from what I've been able to learn about him on the internet, he was known for his controversial and erotic photography. There is a web site that displays some of his work. WARNING - the following site contains photos of naked ladies in erotic poses.

http://www.spectator.net/1155/pages/1155_newton_main.html

Although the images at that site are small, if you left-click on them, they will enlarge for closer examination. :D

Now that I know what the theme of this thread is, I was thinking that your topic title probably should be changed to "Helmut Newton Has Left The Earth" ..... with all due respects to the dearly departed.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Oh No! HN - dead :D . He was a fine photographer, some of his images were amazing, He & Maplethorpe were both great artists in their field. HN - Died age 83 in a car crash. 23/01/04

When woman get taller, their shoes will fit me better.

It is true that his photographs contains erotic but he also had made non-erotic photographs too. His models are politics, models, actors. PJ's link was only the erotic genre.

link http://www.ocaiw.com/newton.htm

Some of his models famous models:

Helmut Kohl

Leni Riefenstahl

Cindy Crawford

"Wolford covers"

Andy Warhol

Dawid Bowie

x-rays: URL http://www.designautopsy.com/blowup/portfolios/n-r/Newton/photographs/015.jpg

If "has left the building" sounds too cruel I apologise. In Rocky Horror show Frank N Furter left the building and me and my friends use those words too when somebody is gone.

It is true that his photographs contains erotic but he also had made non-erotic photographs too. His models are politics, models, actors. PJ's link was only the erotic genre.

Thank you for informing me of this fact. Since I'm not familiar with this man's works, I relied just what I could find on the internet.

....If "has left the building" sounds too cruel I apologise. In Rocky Horror show Frank N Furter left the building and me and my friends use those words too when somebody is gone.

No I do not think your comment was cruel at all. It added some humor to a somber posting.

The phrase " ..... has left the building" was also used by Elvis whenever he performed indoors. After a performance, the fans would quickly run to the doors and wait around hoping for a glimpse or autograph of Elvis. But Elvis usually was whisked away often while the fans were still applauding and still in their seats. So that phrase informed the fans it was no use waiting around and causing crowd control problems.

As for me, ".... has left the building" implies that a return is possible. The phrase ".... has left the earth" is a modified version that implies there won't be any return due to death. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the info.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

As a budding amatuer fashion photographer myself, I was shocked and stunned when I read that Helmut Newton passed away. His work has been a sense of inspiration to me. He photographed the most glamourous women in the world when celebrities were larger than life. When Hollywood changed the past 30 years, he switched the camera to more unknown people. May he rest in peace.