Non-slip pads

wez

Hi, Does anyone know where you can get non-slip pad type things (very descriptive!) to stick on the soles of shoes to reduce slipping in the UK? My wife has got a fantastic pair of stiletto Faith boots, but the soles are very slippery so she could do with something to add a bit more grip.

Admirer of one special lady in high heels.

I would think that you could buy them at most shoe repair shops. Repair shops usually sell a wide variety of accessories -- shoe laces, shoe polish, etc. -- and, often shoe stores will offer them with the purchase of higher stiletto heel style shoes.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

You can buy a thin rubber stick on sole in Woolworths. Another thing to be aware of is they can be very shiny when new, but after a few times wearing on concrete, that will roughen up the surface of the vinyl which makes them a lot more wearable. If you want a quick fix before she goes out in them the first time, then roughen them up with coarse sandpaper on the soles.

Thanks for the tips. The official pads I've seen have been a bit chunky and too tyre like (as my wife pointed out, not very attractice when you've got your legs crossed have huge grips showing off), is there a material that can be just stuck on that provides a bit more grip? ANy ideas would be much appreciated.

Admirer of one special lady in high heels.