Went To Tune A Piano, Never Expected An Awesome High Heels Discussion

trickrider1

I had an awesome experience this week.  I have several sideline jobs in the evenings and weekends one of which is tuning pianos.  Anyway,  this week I was tuning a piano for a young family and through discussing my wife's serious ankle injury (very serious high heels threatening injury of course).  Somehow my conversations with the lady of the house eventually led into fashion and shoes and she explained her total addiction to heels and upon leaving showed me some very cool and seriously tall heels that she wears all the time to work.  I told her how one of the first gifts I ever gave my wife were some tall wooden sandals and that I am a footwear addict myself.  She told me about how impressed she was with a male bank manager she knew a few years back who obviously had a serious footwear addiction and totally "rocked" in his shoe choices and how much she appreciated that.  Although I didn't get overly detailed about describing my own collection,  I could tell, this lady is totally open minded and appreciative of guys who aren't afraid to "cross the lines" and wear whatever they want on their feet.  It was just a refreshing and encouraging experience to meet someone like this in a small Midwestern town.  I left there thinking "how cool is this".

Hey, great story! Thanks for sharing it. You just never know who has the high heel gene and who doesn't. It's great to get into conversations with guys and gals who do have it, though. I've met many people who are very open to guys in heels and it's fun to chat with them.

Steve

Paul macartneys piano tech lives here. He goes on tour with him. My daughter rides horses. Western showing. She use to do English but too many snobs

HEELS2U,  I totally know what you mean about English riders being snobs. Western riders are generally much more easy going and likeable and then there are us trick riders who are just pure fun,  we're so crazy, how could we not be fun to be around..lol. We like to "break the rules" when it comes to riding and of course I like that concept since it applies to my attitude about what I like to wear on my feet too. 

LOL

You should try it in Berkshire / South Oxfordshire!

Actually, I can imagine an American doing English riding as a bit of a snob in much the same way as an American with an "English" accent! In the UK, Western riding is very rare and so everyone does "Classical" (what you Americans call "English"). We do have one client who rides in cowboy boots and chaps but uses a classical saddle and bridle. Of course everyone wears safety hats here, it isn't law as such but we won't let people ride without one.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 3 weeks later...

That is indeed humorous,  being rather averse to "rules" (footwear especially) it would be rather humorous to see the reaction in Berkshire/South Oxfordshire to my preferred method of riding...lol.  But perhaps when the realization that I'm doing gymnastics on the back of a horse was fully realized, there may be indeed a bit of respect for it after all.