I Can't Believe We Missed This.

Shafted

In the greater scheme of things, does it really matter if men in heels goes mainstream or not? I for one could care less either way, I'm just going to continue wearing what I like when and where I like, society be damned.

No! It doesn't! You rock man. You rock.

Mike

In the greater scheme of things, does it really matter if men in heels goes mainstream or not? I for one could care less either way, I'm just going to continue wearing what I like when and where I like, society be damned.

+1!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I for one would be ecstatic if true "men's" heels went mainstream but then again I am probably in the minority even among heeling guys anyway. On the flip side of that though I'm not sure how I would feel about every guy thinking it was cool or even trendy. I also don't think that men's heels would have to be ugly etc but they would definitely not be as artistically appealing as women's heels. That said it wouldn't affect me much at least in public, which I plan to return to as soon as I get some new boots, yes you heard it here my heel hiatus will soon be over thanks to my new girlfriend. I prefer a more masculine look personally. Thick square block heel, moderate platform, in a simple black or brown design. Like the boots that all the cool chics in high school were wearing in the early 2000's. I also think that a purpose designed line of men's heels would open up a much broader spectrum of guys to it. Especially the guys that want to but just haven't figured out where to start or fear criticism like i did when i started. Mainstream access would also make it easier for those among us that want to push the envelope, even though most of you guys don't really care about others opinions anyway. BUt that's my bit so I hope I made some good and valid points. Have fun and do your thing no matter what! :)

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will say this - if someone wants to market a more "manly" high-heeled shoe/boot, yeah I'd probably buy a pair if they weren't too expensive. I saw some male models walking down a runway on TV wearing very manly-looking heels, made by Rad Hourani. I thought they looked cool so I looked them up and you can buy them for around $800 a pair. Way too steep for me. So until someone makes something more affordable, I'll stick to my "girly" heels...