Alsheels

One week in and now Crimbletide. Same trade different aircraft and as with many companies their own procedures to learn and get used to. Fairly young staff with a good attitude to work, fun and mischief is at a sensible level certainly not OTT. Quite a high security requirement so it will be a while before I flash a heel publicly there so I need to be established and proved "safe". Management is how it should be for aircraft - Safety first and with the business factors supporting it. A good start, a week to get the toes in the door for a better run in the new year even if I'm already missing the free time I had, still we have plans that require the penny income so end of the neg vibes. Signing on for benefits is more hassle now and getting worse whether you're real or not in the UK, with plans to monitor job searches tighter and for longer search hours (expect now 3 hours a day soon to be 37!) there is only so long that you can watch the computer with the same format before the eyes cross and sleep mode kicks in. I'm glad there's income coming in making up the balance. Al

Well done for finding something you enjoy doing, all the very best for the new year. I know only to well what it is like going from 50,000 pounds a year to next to nothing, I got made redundent, girlfriend got the same six months later but we cope and life goes on.

life is not a rehearsal

I'm almost ready to retire but just a tad too early with too many outgoings to deal with. Could have been a better summer for a sabbatical and that was the plan hoping to return back in September/October, two months late isn't bad. A slightly longer distance to travel but half of that is around the airfield inside the fence. What traffic? Oh mind that Cessna, bloody Sunday pilots! Al

I'm almost ready to retire but just a tad too early with too many outgoings to deal with.

If there was ever something Im glad my parents told me to do and I actually listened to was an insurance policy. One of the main reasons Im actually ' doing well ' financially is from a policy my mother told me to take out for the line of work I was involved with. Lots of asbestos and lead work. There was a high risk of Leukemia and Cancer in the trade ( along with physical injuries.. ).

I will be where you were in about 5 years. Back into the job market and I hope things are a LOT better in those times compared to the present.

For now, I work from home doing my editing and some minor recording work. Its not much at all. By that, I mean the workload as there really isnt much out there like there was 6 months ago. Its actually in quite a few trades right now and my list of friends going from ' doing ok ' to ' I think I might have to move soon ' has been growing. All good people, just no work about. Some have taken jobs for less income/benefits as its all they had to go on.

I really hope this new position becomes that golden egg for you. As long as you like the job and it doesnt pull you down mentally, stick it out! Stay with it! ;)

Best wishes!

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 3 weeks later...

AZShoeNut.

Avionics, covered small airliners 727/737 size, light helicopters and now what would be classed as small feeders (8 seaters). I got to 31/2 hours solo back in '73 but I'm neg Gee sensitive and sadly I tend to freeze during descent or drops, not good and not ideal. :bawling:

Second week complete, everyones happy and alls going well. :fine:

Al

Lasham maybe, and working on a sunday?

That was over 18 years ago DaNs and FLS days

It holds a nickname deadloss.

Al

Gosh, what a small world! I lived in Alton for a time twenty odd years ago and we used to go past Lasham to get to Basingstoke

AZShoeNut.

Avionics, covered small airliners 727/737 size, light helicopters and now what would be classed as small feeders (8 seaters). I got to 31/2 hours solo back in '73 but I'm neg Gee sensitive and sadly I tend to freeze during descent or drops, not good and not ideal. :bawling:

Second week complete, everyones happy and alls going well. :fine:

Al

Glad to hear that everything is going well on the new job.

Working toward an airline career that didn't pan out because my vision went really bad I built up over 400 hours. I hear you on the negetive G thing. My primary instructor used to push us over quickly with a short shot of negetive G just to keep my head in the game (at least that is what he said - I think he was just messing with me). The last hour in my logbook, however, is an hour of 737-800 simulator time. It is also one of the coolest hours in my log book.

I wish you continued good luck with the new gig.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!