New Oxfords

mlroseplant

I just got these Nine West oxfords via Amazon. They are the hugest heels I've ever worn in my life. They measure every bit of 4.75 inches, or 12 cm. As luck would have it, the very day they came to my house, we had a really bad snowstorm, and I wasn't able to try them out outside of the house for several days. It's still very sloppy out, but I decided to wear them to the mall to go Christmas shopping. I brought my 3.5 inch "comfort" heels as a backup, just in case. I didn't need them. I came away from the excursion with no blisters and only a wonderful achy, tired feeling in my feet when I got back home. I'm seriously considering getting these same shoes in flat, plain black in addition to the patent. It's funny, I'm pretty comfortable wearing heels in public, but I'm not ready to choose a color other than black or very dark brown.

post-19325-0-25549200-1356207410_thumb.j

While you don't feel ready to try brighter colours (and that's just fine, enjoy wearing what you like best), that patent finish is really quite bold and must have been a lot of fun to wear out and about. I imagine oxfords like those look great with tailored trousers, not too long so they show off the shoes nicely, but what did you wear them with?

If you like it, wear it.

I wore them with light colored jeans, which I had my mom hem to my exact desired length (I thank my mom for many things, the least of which is her acceptance of my heel-wearing). In the winter, I usually wear a dress (collared) shirt. In the future, I might also wear a jacket, since I have many to choose from. I don't have a really good fashion sense, so I'm still experimenting. My wife doesn't really love my heel-wearing, but I think she does like the fact that now I make an extra effort to look good compared to the past. I am not yet ready to wear my heels with my suit and tie that I normally wear to chruch. I do wear heels to choir rehearsal on Wednesday nights, and have received no comments as of yet. I would totally love to wear these patent leather oxfords to church someday, but I am the songleader, and front and center. We'll wait and see. My church family is an accepting bunch. They haven't ex-communicated me yet, haha.

I do wear heels to choir rehearsal on Wednesday nights, and have received no comments as of yet. I would totally love to wear these patent leather oxfords to church someday, but I am the songleader, and front and center. We'll wait and see. My church family is an accepting bunch. They haven't ex-communicated me yet, haha.

If anybody asks, just reply that wearing heels helps you sing the "high" notes better! LOL

Steve

@ dbert: http://www.amazon.co...p/dp/B0083RX8DS

I'm actually seriously considering ordering them in flat black also. I absolute love these shoes! I would encourage you to order them if you like the look.

By the way, I don't know what size they measured the heels on, but on my size 9s, the heel is 4 3/4 inches, not 4 1/4 inches like the information says. I am really happy about that. I showed them to my sister this evening, and said, "Aren't these the hugest heels you've ever seen in your life?" She wondered how I could walk in them, but it's really not a big problem with practice and experience. These shoes really don't hurt your feet if you're used to heels.

• 2 weeks later...