If Shoe Won't Fit, Fix the Foot? Newspaper Article

Bubba136

I was also surprised to learn from that article that high heels could cause jaw pain. Although I enjoy wearing high heels, I would not go as far as the professor in that article did. If I could not wear high heels while standing or walking, there are other positions I could enjoy with my heels :D

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

has to be quote of day: "Some of these women invest more in their shoes than they do in the stock market," said Dr. Suzanne M. Levine.... As for blaming women for buying shoes far too narrow, the manufacturers don't sodding make them! Just a miserable few. /I

/I

No proof but it seems to me that the number of women who wear heels with out problems is a factor of 100, 1000 or maybe even 10000 more that those who do have peoblems. I wonder why they arent mentioned by the Podiatrist group. An alternative name for this thread would be "Here we go again" Jeff

All of my girlie shoes have heels four inches or higher, and apart from my sandals and one pair of boots, have pointy toes. They all fit slightly differently, and some are more comfortable than others. In other words, if the shoe doesn't fit, find a pair that does. You can still wear pointy stilettos, just try a different brand. There's no way I'd have surgery for anything other than health reasons, and that doesn't include fitting into a pair of shoes I liked.

Posted from a parallel thread:

High Surprise

5 inch spiky boots

Posted: 08 Dec 2003 09:28 Post subject: Toe Cleavage / high heel operation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came across this article yesterday and thought I would share it with you all. Quite shocking really:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/12/07/health/07FOOT.html?ex=1071378000&en=02b427cf212c36d5&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

mk4625

5 inch spiky boots

Posted: 08 Dec 2003 11:00 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's disgraceful really. The surgeon's ethics are highly questionable. I don't even like the long-toed ultra-pointy shoes that those victims say they want to fit into.

Michael

Ionic

4 inch sandals

Posted: 08 Dec 2003 11:38 Post subject:

We've got this theme running twice now, also over in the 'For Everybody forum'.

/I

an amusing article indeed but hardly necessary for the sole purpose of staying with fashions. Surgery is to correct things that are wrong healthwise, not so that you can make your toes more receptable to the tight point of a shoe. These women who join the doctors queues cannot be all there in the head.