You Guys Think Rush Had Some Cool Heels In The 70S?

Curt

They were fashion icons! They were the reason I started wearing heels. I wonder if they still got their platforms, and put thgem on every now and then? I wish the early 70s fashion would come back for guys. The mid 70s were a bit too much. Women had no problem with guys wearing heels. Did we wear higher platforms than them?

Will admit my ex wife bought me a pair of platform shoes with heels back in the 70's, was not keen on wearing them though but I did now and again just to keep her happy.

life is not a rehearsal

I liked the idea of higher heels for guys back in the early 70s, but I never found any heeled men's shoes that fit well or were comfortable to wear. I bought a pair of off-white 3" wedge heel sandals that were too big and very heavy, so I returned them for a refund. I found a pair of 3.5" block heel mules that had a round toe - not what I'd prefer, but there weren't a lot of choices. It was not particularly comfortable for walking far, so I didn't wear them that much. I also had a pair of dark brown leather sandals that were nice, but the thong was rough between my toes, and the 2" stacked heel was smaller than the back of the footbed, so it looked odd. They weren't very walkable either. The shoes I got married in, in 1974, were a pair of brown loafers with a 2.5" plastic heel with a stacked look, but they were cheap, too wide on me, and I didn't wear them too often. So I would have to say that my experience with the heel fashion of that time was less than satisfactory, and if my sampling is anything like representative, it's no wonder the fashion trend died. It deserved to! With today's manufacturing technology and the wide array of materials available, there is a much better chance that men's heels would be more comfortable, fit better, and be better for walking long distances than those sad examples of my youth. But whether or not the fashion ever comes back and we see a proliferation of men's heels, it doesn't matter. I've learned to be comfortable with myself and others in women's heels, and I'm getting more so every day, thanks to this forum and meeting other heelers online and in person. By the way, I had never heard of Rush and had to look them up in Wikipedia to find out they were a Canadian band in Toronto back in the late 60s. They didn't make it to my radar screen, I guess, but then I was never much into popular music. Steve

Edited by Steve63130