Playing The Organ While Wearing Heels

at9

In the first Youtube clip shown in this forum the American organist Cameron Carpenter is giving a virtuoso performance on the organ while wearing heels.

http://orgue-libre.b...-trinity-church

Other clips also show the same heels as does a photo part way down the page.

At the bottom of the page there's a photo, presumably of him, wearing very high heels though I suspect they would not be ideal for playing the organ :roll:

Edited by at9

He's a very different guy to the late lamented Carlo Curley. CC's showmanship certainly brought the organ to a wider audience though they could hardly be more different in every other way. Don't think you would ever have seen CC's ample frame perched on high heels.

I have been around a number of organists and all of them, male and female, have special shoes they use for playing the pedal board. The heel height is designed to let their feet comfortably reach the pedal board. Some wear flats, others wear block heels. When playing, both the toe and the heel are used to depress the pedals and a difficult musical organ score often has the pedal staff noted with T and H markings.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.