Tolerance V Acceptance Of Men Wearing Heels (Or Any Other Feminine Attire In Public)

Richy

Sorry I don't get this one.

Where is the freedom gone in that sentence?

Is there only tolerance/acceptance when in fits into you're way you want people to be?

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.

Nelson Mandela

I believe he's suggsting his own personal opinion can change depending on the way the person presents themself and I can understand that and no law can make him accept or tolerate hat he does not like.

Laws can't make you tolerate things you dislike but they can punish anyone who takes that personal dislike and harasseses, threats or asaults someone because of their persnal choices whatever they are. That why we need such laws

Everyone should have the freedom to think what they want and if anyone thinks I'm weird, a freak or anything else because I wear high heels then that's fine it's their opinion. However I am pleased there are laws that stop them having a go at me for being different and unusual (we have to face facts that we are) because some would and quieter more reserved people would suffer and it's xactly this that stops members on here going public. Personally anyone having a go at me would get as good back but I'm no shrinking violet and wouldn't take any crap.

By the way ILK you have a 25'' waist and a 34'' leg WOW!!!! The smallest men's jeans I've ever seen in a store s 28'' and that's rare so I can understand you have to wear women's styles, you must struggle as MrsF is a UK size 10(which makes her 2'' bigger than you I think) and struggles to get 34'' length even in women's styles.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could *I* tolerate or accept another man in heels.. yes AND no. It depends on the individual and what they are about. It depends on WHO they ARE, not just what fashion statement they are trying to make.

I agree with ILK.

The sole basis of what someone is wearing is not enough for me to decide if I will "Tolerate" or "accept" him ... depends on who he is and what he is doing, and of the situation.

Is it possible to say "to accept someone" ?

I think you can't use the sentence "I tolerate this guy" alone, it needs a situation and an action, isn't it ?

"I don't accept that this guy dressed like that or telling this in front of the kids stays in my home. And I kick his ass out of here". Better, isn't it ?

In public the idea is the same : some actions and attires are declared shocking for any reason, and especially the idea that people feel better when they can use the public infrastructure, without being exposed, or exposing their kids, to shocking sights that can be avoided.

Wearing heels, as a guy, is obviously not enough to break any law about decency.

Now what about passing an interview for a new job.

The result does not depend on you, but on what the person is feeling, but having already seen guys wearing heels in the past is surely a factor that will make it more commonplace for her (him), and ease things.

Sorry I don't get this one.

Where is the freedom gone in that sentence?

Is there only tolerance/acceptance when in fits into you're way you want people to be?

Not at all. It doesnt matter to me what someone else does so long as it doesnt cause me any harm nor hinder my freedoms. Its a ' mutual ' understanding.

If some guy wishes to wear a bikini with a beer-gut hanging out of it, they should feel free do do such and NOBODY should stop them ( endless its on private property ). BUT.. If they choose to display themselves in such a manor, they should have the intellect to understand that they may appear rather odd or funny. Some may feel they are being ' gay ', some might say they need to shed a few pounds or do something about the roll hanging over the waistband of the bikini bottoms. So long as nobody harms that individual, theres no problems.

"Is there only tolerance/acceptance when in fits into you're way you want people to be?"

*I* am the one whom has stated MANY times that forcing ones views upon others is WRONG and unacceptable IMO. Do you question what I have stated because it isnt ' correct ' enough or if it doesnt ' fit ' what you have come to believe?

You are an individual whom is free to decide for yourself whatever it is you wish. If you wish to believe Im an Idiot, more power to you. If you wish to believe I am for equality for everyone ( which would be very true ), thats fine as well. Im not going to dictate to anyone how they should live *their* lives.

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.

Nelson Mandela

Writing laws doesnt respect nor enhance freedoms at all. It hinders and divides people.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

You are an individual whom is free to decide for yourself whatever it is you wish. If you wish to believe Im an Idiot, more power to you. If you wish to believe I am for equality for everyone ( which would be very true ), thats fine as well. Im not going to dictate to anyone how they should live *their* lives.

nope just slow with understanding things :)

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

I believe he's suggsting his own personal opinion can change depending on the way the person presents themself and I can understand that and no law can make him accept or tolerate hat he does not like.

Exactly!

We cannot MANDATE how people should feel. We cannot ' teach ' people what to feel. Such is the basis for concentration or ' corrective ' camps/ brainwashing.

I like Pasta. I like Burritos. I cannot stand sour-kraut or anything with cabbage in it. The Smell of Cornbeef makes my skin crawl!

Guys in heels? Sure! JeffB, You, Me, anyone.. why not! Guys in G-string Bikinis.. Eh.. *I* couldnt pull it off. Heelguy could probably do it. Some of us could, some couldnt. ' yes and no ' is the only answer. It depends on ' who ' is trying to do it.

Laws can't make you tolerate things you dislike but they can punish anyone who takes that personal dislike and harasseses, threats or asaults someone because of their persnal choices whatever they are. That why we need such laws.

I have problems with such. If someone dislikes something, its theirs to dislike for whatever reason. When such a dislike is FORCED, by LAW, down upon someone, they will retaliate. They will become sour, bitter and now have a legitimate reason to ACT upon their bad feelings. We give idiots reasons and rational to do these things.

Shafted stated earlier a mentioning of ' hate crimes ' and after a nights thinking upon it and in speaking with others, hes absolutely right.

If someone comes in and beats the $hit out of me.. It doesnt matter if its because Im part hispanic. It doesnt matter if its because im part Jew. It doesnt matter if its because Im wearing heels and a skirt. It doesnt matter if its because I date a woman or a man. It doesnt matter if its because I drive a Chevy or a Honda. Assault and Battery is a crime that has existed with laws for prosecution for many decades. Adding or writing more laws to cover the same thing is just a waste. Some say a longer sentencing will help deter.. if so, why havent these crimes stopped?

That was the ground of my reasoning and those whom I spoke with.

Everyone should have the freedom to think what they want and if anyone thinks I'm weird, a freak or anything else because I wear high heels then that's fine it's their opinion. However I am pleased there are laws that stop them having a go at me for being different and unusual (we have to face facts that we are) because some would and quieter more reserved people would suffer and it's xactly this that stops members on here going public. Personally anyone having a go at me would get as good back but I'm no shrinking violet and wouldn't take any crap.

I dont think those laws help. I know friends whom have been ' fag bashed '. Sad as it is, it happened once while I was with them ( Yea, I took a good beating, cant say I gave as good as I took though :( ). But it STILL happens.

The saddest part is in modern times, the beatings have gotten way worse. It used to be just fists. Now, its what Im going to label ' hard core ' and relentless types of beatings. The types of beatings where you dont go home and get patched up, your going to ICU at a local hospital.

I feel all these ' laws ' have divided us as people. I think EVERY human being has the capability to understand we all just want to do for ourselves and try and live a decent life by our own means. Weather or not an individual actually USED their brain to do such is whats in question from my view ;)

By the way ILK you have a 25'' waist and a 34'' leg WOW!!!! The smallest men's jeans I've ever seen in a store s 28'' and that's rare so I can understand you have to wear women's styles, you must struggle as MrsF is a UK size 10(which makes her 2'' bigger than you I think) and struggles to get 34'' length even in women's styles.

Skirts have no inseam lengths ;) . I just have to find some with pockets so I can carry my wallet. I cant stand ' bags ' endless they are ' nickel bags ' of the smokable kind :D .

I agree with ILK.

The sole basis of what someone is wearing is not enough for me to decide if I will "Tolerate" or "accept" him ... depends on who he is and what he is doing, and of the situation.

Is it possible to say "to accept someone" ?

I think you can't use the sentence "I tolerate this guy" alone, it needs a situation and an action, isn't it ?

"I don't accept that this guy dressed like that or telling this in front of the kids stays in my home. And I kick his ass out of here". Better, isn't it ?

In public the idea is the same : some actions and attires are declared shocking for any reason, and especially the idea that people feel better when they can use the public infrastructure, without being exposed, or exposing their kids, to shocking sights that can be avoided.

Wearing heels, as a guy, is obviously not enough to break any law about decency.

' Public ' is fair game. Its the ' Battle Ground ' for all thoughts and ideas.

I dont like when ' private ' property is dictated to.

Now what about passing an interview for a new job.

The result does not depend on you, but on what the person is feeling, but having already seen guys wearing heels in the past is surely a factor that will make it more commonplace for her (him), and ease things.

I used to do ' interviews ' as in going to possible customers homes and looking at the work/estimating what it would cost to fix. I can honestly say of my many times doing such in my wedge boots or Uggs, there was not a single incident where anyone discriminated against me. I DID have one customer call em ' miss ' and was mistaken due to my appearance once, but after that was cleared up, things went very well ( Made a lot of money off that job! Christmas card from the guy as well! )

It is very true to say that the more we see something in public, the less ' shocking ' or ' abnormal ' it would seem. We grow used to things. New trends happen all the time. :D

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.