When Did Women Start To Shave Their Legs?

kneehighs

I entered in the very text and discovered the following, which proves that hair removal on females is nothing more than a socially constructed stereotype. This Senior Thesis written by then Barnard Studen Kirsten Hansen has explores it's history: http://history.barnard.edu/sites/default/files/inline/kirstenhansenthesis.pdf

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I have seen pictures of women from the sixties (of the 20th century) with body hair.Nevertheless they have the freedom without social scorn to dress like a man,so hair removal is possibly avoidable(and they do it).I remove all of my body hair and am a masculine guy in terms of physical appearance(not talking about fashion preferences).

When men bare areas of their bodies (chests, arms, and legs), hair is there. When women began baring areas of their bodies, it began with their upper chests, where there's no hair. The discongruity of spotting a rug around the female ankle was...

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fortunately women don't read thesis before to buy the latest fashion trend...

Lol! I think you nailed it. :)

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.