Why Is It So Accepteable For Women To Wear Men's Shoes?

Jamie001

Well you know what thats means...spiders will take over :w00t2:

So high heels will be eight to the box!!!!

I'm all for more feminine values in the running of the world, but a power struggle between men and women sounds rather masculine to me. If a "gender war" is defined in male terms then the battle's lost before it even started.

In any case, I'm delighted for women to adapt mens shoes into their fashions if it helps to break down gender prejudice in society and encourages the reciprocal freedoms (men adapting womens shoes too)... what I'm not so keen on is when it simply reinforces an association between aspiration and masculinity, and relegates femininity to subordinate status.

If you like it, wear it.

However it can be helpful, take a look at women's boots especially, there are styles now that are just men's boots with block heels. These are so easy to wear with jeans and go undetected, give it a try and you will be surprised at the lack of reaction. Having thought about this thread now I feel this is a positive as it makes it easier for us to blur the distinction between male and female footwear. Only the other night my 14 year old son asked if one of my pairs of boots was male or female, he genuinely didn't know and they have a thee and a half Inch heel.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Now we're getting somewhere. I don't want to be a ruler of the Earth just the ruler of my own destiny. I enjoy playing American football and the gritty determination it requires yet smell the flowers to and from the field. Last month I cut trees and cleared all manner of brush after wiping buckets of sweat from my face yet got cleaned up, painted my toes a fresh purple and put on my high heel sandals and then enjoyed a glass of wine. How thoroughly relaxing to go from one to the other. Having the freedom to do it is really comforting. I think the best quality of life is one that is infused with best of both genders.