Eurovision songcontest 2012

Since i just voted in the music topic and i found another eurovision songcontest topic in the older posts i thought i'd start this about this years contest. This will be the hungarian entry:

Nice song i like it, i really hope the singer won't be as nervous as he was in the hungarian final, might ruin the song totally. :wavey:

Did you like it? Do you vote on these contests? Does your country have a singer/band going on the finals? Share with us. :)

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

Generally speaking, us Brits don't take the Eurovision at all seriously. This is because we have a very strong musical culture. In any country in Europe you will find that at least half of the songs in the charts are recorded in English even if they aren't British bands. Most European teenagers will have at least one album of a British band whereas it would be very rare to find anyone living outside of Latvia say, who will have an album from a Latvian group. Our entry is Englebert Humperdink!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Generally speaking, us Brits don't take the Eurovision at all seriously. This is because we have a very strong musical culture. In any country in Europe you will find that at least half of the songs in the charts are recorded in English even if they aren't British bands. Most European teenagers will have at least one album of a British band whereas it would be very rare to find anyone living outside of Latvia say, who will have an album from a Latvian group.

Our entry is Englebert Humperdink!

Brits doesn't take it seriously because it's becoming more and more evident that the succes of british music is only due to the language and not the quality of the music, since it's been a while since we've seen a winner from the UK. So ofcourse it's easier just to say: It's because we just don't care. Sort of like the US and soccer.

Actually, I don't even think it's that. It's just that the UK and the American music industry is just so much better developed. They can turn out any old trash and it will sell millions of copies, just through clever marketing. Decent music rarely gets a look in, and it never has.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Actually, I don't even think it's that. It's just that the UK and the American music industry is just so much better developed. They can turn out any old trash and it will sell millions of copies, just through clever marketing.

Decent music rarely gets a look in, and it never has.

Welcome to Autotune and gimmicks. There are very few ' truly talented ' musicians anymore.

I was helping my brother in his studio recently and of the band hes working with, only the drummer could even read music. The guitar player had to use and electronic tuner to tune his guitar because he couldnt hear the pitch of 440-A and tune by ear.

Gone are the days when ' musicians ' can walk into a room, pick a ' key ' and run with it. I thought the 80's had a lack of talent and was all about ' the show '. That was until the present crop of ' artists ' (sic) came about.

I'll quote Geddy again..

All this machinery making modern music

Can still be open-hearted.

Not so coldly charted, it's really just a question

Of your honesty, yeah, your honesty.

One likes to believe in the freedom of music,

But glittering prizes and endless compromises

Shatter the illusion of integrity.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I remember seeing Level 42 on a kid's program where they picked up toy instruments and started to play their latest hit. Man, those guys can play! Especially Mark King who has been an Icon of mine ever since that day.

• 1 month later...

We love Eurovision in our house. We watch it with the atlas open and the kids can work out who is going to vote for who by studying it. Do we take it seriously? Well probably not, but it is still great fun. When is it this year? I know its soon.

22 & 24 are the pre finals, 26 for the finals. I enjoy it too, of course never the best wins. Last years winner i didn't like much, probably i wouldn't had voted her into top 10. Oh well i still think it's fun to watch and listen :)

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

Haven't watched it since 1975 when Dutch group Teachin won with Dinge-Dong :rocker:

Edited by FreshinHeels

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Havn't watched it for years. Surely many a platform boot fetish was started by Abba :-)

Actually some of those outfits, especially from Eastern Europe, might need a second look because I bet there are some serious heels on display. I'll keep a special look out this year.

We have Jedward again!! We, in Ireland, used to take it seriously up until about the late 90s. Now it is a bit of a laugh. Always a good laugh listening to Graeme Norton doing the commentary on it.

Yup, now you stopped winning it's because you don't care anymore. It's certainly NOT because you're entries are just not good enough. :penitent:

For the record I think the Irish entry this year is quite ok. Certainly better than last years "Lipstick". I also thing that the quality generally is quite high this year.