Appearance? DUH!

Anita C.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's been done to death. It's quite interesting to read the respective viewpoints. That's what discussion forums are all about. People aren't going to agree on this point, but if we only posted about stuff we agreed on, there wouldn't be much point in having a forum. I never particularly criticised Anita's attitude which may well have beem appropriate given the circumstances of her meeting. However, I still think far too much importance is attached to someone's appearance. This is partly due to the advertising or media images we get bombarded with. There's plenty of smart people I have met who are idiots and plenty of fat people on pop idol or whatever who can sing. I for one am going to continue giving just as much attention to scruffy people and fat people and any other kind of person who doesn't fit in the neatly pigeon holed image society would like to place them in.

FF wrote:

I for one am going to continue giving just as much attention to scruffy people and fat people and any other kind of person who doesn't fit in the neatly pigeon holed image society would like to place them in.

yeah! So will I. However, "you'd" (collective you, not you inparticular, ff) better take a bath first if you expect to hang with me.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.