Top 40!

Anita C.

I am a proud member of the "Over 40 y/o" Club. Don't get me wrong, I love Laurie & the "kids" (term of enderment for people 'under 40') but would like to hear from people closer to my own age! C'mon gals! Lay it on me!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

As someone once remarked to me....."there's over 40 and then there's over 40 -- like 100 -- 60 years over 40." While only 47 myself, I've seen some really "washed-out" people my age -- saying this as I feel the same as I did when I was 20 or 25. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

So TRUE, Bubba! Age should be a point of reference only! I'm WAY over 40 and to be honest I have NO DESIRE WHATSOEVER to be 25 again! Unless I could take my experienced mind with me. I dated a 25 y/o "Hottie" for about 2 weeks. While easy on the eye, there was no common ground. In the end we parted as friends but admit that a relationship would have been a mistake. After the sex, you gotta be able to talk about something! Consequently, I don't date anyone under 40. 'Tis fun to look, tho!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 7 months later...

AnitaC.:-) I'm w-a-a-a-y over 40 and I sure wouldn't want to be 25 again, experience or not. As a matter of fact---I would not want to return to 40 again. That was the age that my parts started to fail. (Appendix). I'm quite happy where I am in life at the present time and will let someone else invent a time machine, not me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I am a proud member of the "Over 40 y/o" Club. Don't get me wrong, I love Laurie & the "kids" (term of enderment for people 'under 40') but would like to hear from people closer to my own age!

C'mon gals! Lay it on me!

Well, I'm nowhere near Bubba and DawnHH, but at 41, I'm definately in that "close to 'ya" range you mentioned.

Problem is, this is the "For the gals" thread, so why the hell are only guys answering????????????????????????????????????????????

WarrenB.:-) Your a "Young-Buck". I think Emery and I are the oldest posters here. He is already 70, and I will be starting my new decade in October at 70. Yeh! Where are the girls? Anita C. isn't afraid to tell her age, and Lucy has mentioned hers before. Maybe the girls don't want anyone to know theirs. Age is a relative thing. I get up in the morning and if I don't see my name in the "Obits", then I eat a hardy breakfast and go to work. Tee-Hee! Cheers--- Dawn HH

Yes Dawn, to re-iterate my age, I am now 59 and still enjoying regularly wearing stiletto heels of 5" and over, and Mummy is in her eighties and often wearing heels between 3" and 4". Unlike me (see my Story in the "Stories on a Heely Theme" thread), Mummy has never gone above 4", even when she was younger. But don't just take our instance - look at Tina Turner, Lulu, Cher, Sophia Loren, Margaret Thatcher, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, Barbara Windsor etc. etc. You're never too old to stay glamorous and to wear high heels! Love, Lucy

Life is not a rehearsal. Why not use it to present ourselves as smartly and attractively as possible?

Lucy:-) Fabulous! You and your Mummy certainly are a part of a very elite and famous group of women who wear high heels. I have been wearing heels for 58 years and like your Mummy I haven't gone above 4" not even when I was young. Mickey68 and I applaud you for being able to wear 5" and above daily. More power to you. I am woman---watch me roar! Cheers--- Dawn HH