Where is the point where you call one a cd?

newheeler

Gudulitooo's statement is a reasonable brief guide to mainstream labels, but if WE label ourselves in those tones, are we not perpetuating an undesirable human trait; i.e. labels?.

So true. Please note that I precisely wanted to extract men that wear "alternative" fashion from any of these labels mainly because there is no intent to be mistaken for what we are not. It is not a role playing game. It is neither a wrong gender.

I said "alternative" because I think over the history and throughout the world, men have experienced the most diversified outfits, far beyond what women have worn. Just look at the swiss guards'costume in the Vatican, military gear, outfits in medieval ages, renaissance. Have a look at the greek traditional costume, then at monks outfits, samouraïs, etc.

I mean, I think it would be a hard time to imagine something completely new for men. Yet (re)introducing this variety in a modern society is innovative.

Take ownership in society's labels of you if they are in any way accurate. This is the first step. Don't try to create a new label. This will make it harder. This is a lesson that society teaches for any who care to listen.

Yes (and to your whole post Shafted). If some of us really need a label so that they exist or so that they can simplify their introduction, I think labels from the fashion industry should be more accurate.

"metrosexual" -> I don't see the need for a "sexual" part in a label

"androgynous"

"alternative"

"metalwear"

"sportswear"

"smart", "smart casual"

All of these are so hollow you can pair them with whatever !!

I have noticed that for some strange reason things need to be named or labeled, which I think is wrong and can find some labels highly offensive, for example heels for guys why are they called 'meels' and handbags for men are 'manbags'... I mean what the ... But to the question. I would not like to be called a CD, or transgender or a transvestie as I them offensive. I am a guy who likes to wear heels and certian women's clothing not because I want to be feminie or female but just because I like the style. Nothing more than that, yet people find theat hard to understand.

hey its just a word that is used by people who have no clue about what is really going on anways..so screw it. you could explain it to them but wouldnt listen or understand it if u did

Have to agree with that.

"Never complain, never explain." -- Henry Ford

"Don't explain yourself. Your friends already know, and no one else is listening." -- Unknown