Multiple purses/handbags

evoviii

Something I have been seeing around and online, is women carrying more than one purse/handbag (not sure about the exact distinction between the two). There's a couple ladies at the office who come in often and again with two p/h's; one on each shoulder, carrying one and shouldering the other, carrying both, one in each hand, both on one shoulder, etc. Just about all the combinations. Looking around online I see two, three, sometimes more. The celeb's seem to be into it most; with unlimited $$$ comes unlimited accessories. Sarah Jessica Parker, Lindsay Lohan, Kate Gosslin, the Olson twins and others seem to be repeat multipliers. I couldn't care less about what these women need to pack and carry around, but I do like the look of more than one being toted around on the arm of a beautiful lady.

post-34163-133522973412_thumb.jpg

post-34163-133522973419_thumb.jpg

post-34163-133522973422_thumb.jpg

post-34163-133522973428_thumb.jpg

post-34163-133522973432_thumb.jpg

Well, it's not too hard to figure out. In the case of most working women, they have a small purse to carry small things like their wallet, keys, cellphone, loose change, etc, and a larger bag for carrying shoes, and umbrella and whatnot. I see that sort of thing all the time. But I will admit that the examples you displayed do represent something of an extreme. Or perhaps in those cases, it's just plain eccentricity.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 months later...

I think JeffB hit the nail on the head here. Many women in cities particularly walk to rains and the places of work in tennis shoes and then change into the work footwear. The other bag may also contain gym clothes as many work out at some time during the day. I think it just might the inexorable need to be as prepared as possible. HappyinHeels