Virginia-school-district-ponders-banning

hoverfly

Cool! What? My response isnt what people expected? Lemme explain.. Make ALL the ' girls ' INCLUDING the Female Staff put into a set of parameters that encompasses Skirts, Shoes ( no sneakers of any kind ), Blouses and a required pair of tights/hose/socks. Absolutely NO trousers of ANY kind! Make ALL the ' boys ' including the Male Staff members wear Shoes, Socks, Trousers ( no shorts at all ), Collared shirts and a tie. Have those proposing this ' rule ' all adhere to the SAME rule as the one thats being made by them. Lead by example! ALSO : Ditch ALL cosmetics/makeup, this includes the Adult Staff! Only allowable ' jewelry ' is a wedding band. See how well this ' rule ' holds or is supported when brought into a real perspective. Have it for ALL or have it for NONE. I dont think those ' making the rules ' would like to be held accountable to their own deeds anymore.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I second that! I am sure that would cause some re-consideration of this ridiculous proposal...

Cool!

What? My response isnt what people expected? Lemme explain..

Make ALL the ' girls ' INCLUDING the Female Staff put into a set of parameters that encompasses Skirts, Shoes ( no sneakers of any kind ), Blouses and a required pair of tights/hose/socks. Absolutely NO trousers of ANY kind!

Make ALL the ' boys ' including the Male Staff members wear Shoes, Socks, Trousers ( no shorts at all ), Collared shirts and a tie.

Have those proposing this ' rule ' all adhere to the SAME rule as the one thats being made by them. Lead by example!

ALSO : Ditch ALL cosmetics/makeup, this includes the Adult Staff! Only allowable ' jewelry ' is a wedding band.

See how well this ' rule ' holds or is supported when brought into a real perspective. Have it for ALL or have it for NONE. I dont think those ' making the rules ' would like to be held accountable to their own deeds anymore.

I guess it just amazes me that there are schools that try to deter self-expression, no matter what form it takes. It seems like many schools want to herd the children through, fill all of the required squares, and get them out of the school and into the world. Many schools world-wide are cutting back on music, art, and drama programs at the schools as part of cost cutting efforts. I'm not knocking sports, I was a three-sport letter-man in high school, but it seems like the sports programs seldom take a hit.

I guess it just amazes me that there are schools that try to deter self-expression, no matter what form it takes. It seems like many schools want to herd the children through, fill all of the required squares, and get them out of the school and into the world. Many schools world-wide are cutting back on music, art, and drama programs at the schools as part of cost cutting efforts.

Theres no real ' choices ' though. Math, Science, Language and History have been so diluted/watered down to make room for ' other ' things and kids of today have problems with the basics of life outside of ' facebook '.

I'm not knocking sports, I was a three-sport letter-man in high school, but it seems like the sports programs seldom take a hit.

If a school doesnt achieve a basic academic standard, it should loose its sports programs. You are very correct in saying sports should be looked at no differently then any other ' program ' or class.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

The proposed dress code would prohibit students from wearing clothing "not in keeping with a student's gender..."

Which gender? Chromosomal? Social? Identity? Sexual preference?

After reading the article, sounds like they'd ban Rosie the Riveter for being muscular and wearing pants.

By my reckoning, the kids are already wearing clothing keeping with their gender, but not necessarily their sex genes.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.