How many pairs is Too many

Bria

OK guys/girls How many pairs is too many. Ive lost count but I think im at about 60 pairs. ranging from pumps to thigh boots to maryjanes to Mules..... with more on the way.... got the sexiest pair of Kenneth cole boots off Ebay... I cant wait to try them on when I get them.....

Well, to tell you all the truth, I only have a dozen pairs of shoes, and four pairs of boots. 13 wide isn't universally easy to find, and besides, I've always been a believer in quality over quantity! :-D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I really have not counted for a while. I just get this irrestistable urge to browsw around shoe shops. No winter is approaching I will need new boots :( What IS a girl to do? Suzy

Love seeketh not itself to please,

Nor for itself hath any care;

But for another gives its ease,

And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't say immelda marcos had too many shoes. In my calculation if you have over 44530 shoes that would be too many. Because that would mean wearing more than 2 different pairs of shoes each day for the next 61 years, I mean I would have to break in new shoes more than twice a day for the next 61 years. That would indeed be too much.

Cinthy - What's wrong with 2 pairs every day over 61 years? Sounds good to me :(

I wouldn't say immelda marcos had too many shoes.

In my calculation if you have over 44530 shoes that would be too many.

Because that would mean wearing more than 2 different pairs of shoes each day for the next 61 years, I mean I would have to break in new shoes more than twice a day for the next 61 years. That would indeed be too much.

• 1 month later...

I first thought 'oxymoron' when I first saw this topic, how could there possibly be 'too many'? But Cinthy's point about having 44530 pairs was highly salutory. Imagine having to trying to break in a handful of pairs every week! argggh, it is supposed to be pleasure not torture! I've quickly built up a nice collection of boots for use outdoors and the task of breaking in, stretching, etc. one or two dozen pairs is challenging enough let alone hundreds or thousands! /I

/I

I remember watching a television show some years ago where a celebrity was asked how many shoes did she own. She replied that she could wear a different pair each day for three years before she would have to repeat. That comes out to almost 1100 pairs of shoes.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

Ruth and I have differing opinions on the subject, she says I have too many, I say I don't have enough! :D I have just had another of my famous clearouts and am rapidly filling up the resulting space.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree with Anne Louise - you NEVER can have too many beautiful shoes. And just think of the nice kind of surprise if you happen to find a pair you've already forgotten about in your collection (which actually happened to me yesterday) :D

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone

Stilettofan, it happens to me quite often, particularly at the change of seasons. It's almost as good as buying a new pair - though NOTHING can quite equal that!

You couldn't have said it better, Anne Louise! I'm glad that we share that feeling. :D

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone