Elevator Heels

imrogers

Have any of you worn Elevator Heels to the extent that you are having the same problem of women who wear high heels regularly. I wear my shoes that have a height increase of 4.4 inches but have a height insole of ~3.4. I've started to notice that my trainers are no longer comfortable due to tightness at the back of my legs

I think elevator shoes are, essentially, not different from wedges, they may look different, but your tendons don't know the difference, so i would recommend that you do stretching exercises in order to avoid shortening since you are, effectively, using high heels regulary (even if no one else sees it)

Which brand elevator shoes did you get? I've been curious about them, but not sure if they would be comfortable or feel like heels. If you wear them that much they cant be that bed :smile:

(formerly known as "JimC")

I had a pair of Bertulli boots once. OK, but lift not as high as advertised and rather cumbersome to wear. It was certainly an opportunity, though, to wear heels which felt high but looked like rather frumpy men's shoes. I currently have a pair of insoles, bought off Ebay, which fit inside my cowboy boots and raise the heel from about 2.5 inches (which no one turns a hair at) to just under 4 inches. However, I don't wear them much, as they're not particularly easy to walk gracefully in, and I can manage higher ordinary heels with no problem. They're good when I'm doing a lot of standing around, though, as they obviate the backache I get standing for a long time in flat shoes.

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

• 11 months later...

Got mine today. Gotta say, the 3" is a bit of a stretch, but maybe I have small feet ;) They do have a lift, and feel comfortable. Probably a half inch shorter in height then the wedge sneakers I have. Guess I could have gone for the 4" models. Oh well, these were only $38. Will see how they hold up before I pay ~$90 for the 5.2" model that looks like a tactical boot.

(formerly known as "JimC")