Apple CEO Steve Jobs...

:) yeah, what a bummer he was just seen a few weeks ago saying that he was stepping down, but gee wiz- never thought he would die just like!:) I knew that he had cancer, but thought he had a little time left other than a mere few weeks.

Very sad indeed. His untimely death shows that no matter how much money or success you enjoy, good health is the most valuable and precious thing that you can have. RIP (done on one if his "magical" innovations)

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

That is so true about your health. A friend and co-worker of mine passed away two years who was so absorbed in his work and he did not take care of himself. Steve Jobs was motivated and a motivator of others. I compare him, only as far as work and inovations are concerned, to Jim Henson (and the Muppets). He too was always looking for new inovations in the entertainment world and he too passed away unexpectedly at an early age.

:) yeah, what a bummer he was just seen a few weeks ago saying that he was stepping down, but gee wiz- never thought he would die just like!:) I knew that he had cancer, but thought he had a little time left other than a mere few weeks.

Guys like Steve Jobs aren't like most of us. They have drive that's orders of magnitude higher than the rest of the pack and this is why they become so insanely successful when they come up with a winning idea or strategy. I knew he didn't have long when he stepped down simply because a man like this has so much drive that he'd have to be near death to pack it in. RIP

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Steve was not of the ' Standard ' type of person at all. He was eccentric and actually.. He lived in his belief system. He was into Zen and Buddhism, The whole ' Green ' scene.. he tried using herbal remedies for his cancer before he had the liver transplant. He recycled everything and even started a computer recycling program.. There are those whom we all know or hear about.. They say one thing yet do another.. Steve was the real deal. He did stand for what he believed in and it made some think he was brash or grumpy. Even those that thought he was brash or grumpy respected ( and often admired ) him. Thats what made him so great! He will be sorely missed. Honestly, its hard to find ' real ' people these days, he seemed like a good example of one.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.