Three Years In Heels And Counting

JeffB

It was three years ago this month that I made the conscious decision to wear heels in public at the place where I work. I remember how nervous I was on that very first day when I showed up at the office in a pair of Payless block heeled loafers, I waited nervously for the first comments of shock and outrage, but that never happened. My co-workers all nicely complimented me on my shoes, something I didn't at all expect. At first, I only wore heels two, sometimes three days a week, but in time, as my confidence grew, so did my desire to branch out with my footwear. Block heeled boots soon followed, again with no problem, it was during this time that I begun upgrading my wardrobe which had been plenty pedestrian as I wanted to wear nicer looking clothes with my shoes. My goal was to present as pleasant an image as I possibly could. Eventually, little over a year or so ago, I took what I considered to be the ultimate step in my public heel wearing as began wearing pumps. By this time, my co-workers pretty much knew I was wearing women's shoes, still, no one raised a stink about that, so I decided to go all the way. Again, much to my surprise, no one was shocked or horrified, in fact, everyone said I had very nice taste in the shoes I wore. Today, I wear nothing BUT pumps at the office, each and every day, complete with pantyhose and the nicest, sharpest clothes I can find to compliment my shoes, and co-workers without fail say I look terrific. I've learned how to put together outfits that coordinate perfectly, from my clothes, to hosiery to shoes. When I buy clothes, I always think about what would match best and look nicest with my shoes, and that's a lot of fun. So far, the journey has been rewarding and fulfilling, and I see no reason to stop now! :-D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

WarrenB has it right! You are an inspiration. In the past you've posted many pictures showing your shoes and you in them. Perhaps you could repost some of them for the new people that have joined since posted them. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

You just did, genebujold :(

You don't need a "website" inorder to post your pictures. There's instructions on how to post pictures in another thread on this forum. It's easy..... jsut go to: http://65.160.96.70/hhplace/ and upload the pic from your system. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for all the kind words, everybody. I'm simply doing what I feel comes naturally. As for posting pics, I'll see what I can do about that! :-D

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

...Also, how does one change the "comfy loafer" icon? I've tried to find the location to change it under my profile, but no go...

Those pictures under your name and to the left of all of your postings represent your rank in this forum. There is an explanation of rank in the FAQ of this forum. Your rank picture is directly related to the number of postings you have made here. Here is the breakdown...

0-24 posts = flat comfy loafers

25-49 posts = 2" cowboy boots

50-99 posts = 2.5" kitten heels

100-199 posts = 3" wedgies

200-299 posts = 3.5" boots

300-399 posts = 4" sandals

400-499 posts = 4.5" slingbacks

500-749 posts = 5" spikey boots

750-999 posts = 5.5" pumps

1000-1499 posts = Debbie's 6" Oxfords

1500 posts = whatever you want!

Some people have two pictures below their names. The top picture is your rank. The bottom picture is your avatar.

To create an avatar, you first need to read the instructions in the profile section since there are size limitations that should be followed. Then upload the picture to this forum's upload site (see Bubba136's message in this thread for the URL). Write down the URL for your uploaded message when it displays. Then insert this URL into your profile.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.