interesting question

Does anybody male or female have a guess as to why so many guys are into and use womans things like heels, lipstick, makeup and what not? And why cant society be more open to it? Ive loved and worn lipstick pretty much forever and heels for the last year wondering wow Im odd. Now I find theres literally thousands of guys out there like me into lipstick and heels. Any thoughts or ideas?

For society to be more open to it they have to see it. There simply aren't enough of us out and about in high heels or lipstick for that matter. History is filled with ever changing style and much of it was considered dangerous to society until it bacame the norm. It is in our hands as to whether it becomes normal or not.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

If it's something they see on a regular basis most would be open to it. I speak from experience here.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

If it's something they see on a regular basis most would be open to it. I speak from experience here.

I have to agree. And I think the female populace is more open then the men are. girls are so cool about it when they see me in lipstick or heels.

I have to agree. And I think the female populace is more open then the men are. girls are so cool about it when they see me in lipstick or heels.

Just don't believe everything you read after news stories about us guys in skirts, heels, hose/tights, make-up, (I'm all of the above by the way) those commenters are just the noisy ones. I've been who I am for years and my girls can attest that I'm considered the "cool" dad, the one their friends wish they had.

T&H:glimmershades:

"Look for the woman in the dress, if there is no dress there is no woman."-Coco Channel

Does anybody male or female have a guess as to why so many guys are into and use womans things like heels, lipstick, makeup and what not?

To answer this question, curiosity, experimentation, envy, and self-expression. Women take the time and effort to insure that their appearance is well coordinated and expressed to their satisfaction. As we men have viewed these appearances of women, many different feelings have crossed our minds. And one of those feelings is to emulate the appearance of these beautiful women, whether it be full female attire, or just portions of it such as high heels.

I think it runs deeper than that. Women like all these things and so why shouldn't men too? It's only society itself that places these taboos, not the clothes themselves.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The expectation that the alpha male is going to be out early to catch/kill the meat for the day and that the victim don't care two hoots. Or more up to date depending on the work environment if it's hard and dirty then what's the point? It's not the best suit down the coal mine is it. Out front in the public eye as a rep or host then it's got to be clean smart and tidy, talk and sell the company line and yourself. There was more than just talk in the seventies about male make up and that was when there was a few extra items on the shelf beside Old Spice and Brut. Now we see grooming products for skin and eye fresheners. Beyond the "curiosity" a lot is beginning to change, still slowly but it isn't talk anymore. My lad 15 years ago on the fringes of the goth styles wore eyeliner after school, at college and Uni. Standards are changing. Al

How about in ' Practicality ' purposes? Anyone ever used a pair of pantyhose when a belt broke on their car? My cousin whom served in the military told me how they used maxi-pads in the armpits of their tops to absorb sweat..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I think it runs deeper than that. Women like all these things and so why shouldn't men too? It's only society itself that places these taboos, not the clothes themselves.

I agree. We should be able to use them as well if we want to. Society needs a wake up call.

I think society is far to old fashioned yet, people still tar you as having some thing wrong with you if you are different, it needs to change, and yes, I wear heels, stockings, skirts, make up and anything else that is feminine.

I think society's real problem is that they have lost the sense of good and evil. They have replaced good morality with evil morality. Case in point: Society is more willing to accept gay men then they are a person that crossdresses in any way. And I mean no disrespect to gays. I have freinds that are gay.

At least in any form of Christianity gays are condemmed and crossdressers are not and it seems that society is just the opposite.

This is only the most visible example, but I'm sure I can find others. Just look around you and I'm sure you can find it too.

I really think that society needs another taste of the forbidden fruit.