I purchased yesterday new pair of high heels

Since I saw a friend of mine wearing those high heels, I seached to find a pair exacly like her. The only difference, she bought their high heels at the Aldo's store. I purchased mine at the Transit store (same company, but an another division). I saved 20$ on them (if I compare on the same model on the Aldo store versus the Transit one). It's my most expensive high heels in my collection! It cost me 69$

I hope you will like it (and, you can notice I change the background :( *lol*)

Posted Image

Ankle strap high heels, 4 inches (or 3...) size 39 (8 and half, 9 us)

Posted Image

In leather and synthetic

Posted Image

Transite fall '03 collection

Posted Image

They are really confortable to wear. I wore them while driving and it's the first time that I'm able to drive easily my car with high heels. I'm really happy of my purchase :(

They are very nice, I would certainly pick up a pair with a four inch heel, except I have noticed from past experience that Transit doesn't like to carry anything above size nine, and I need at least a ten, depending on the make of the shoe. Maybe that has changed, I don't know. Certainly, it has made me feel that Transit is not a place I can shop.

Thanks Laurieheels,

if you take a look at the Transit website (http://www.transitshoes.com), in the "find transit" section, you can place a special order to get the high heels you want at the size you want.

Transit is an Aldo subdivision. According to Aldo FAQ, the women shoes size range are between 35 to 42 (5 to 12) plus B size. Normally, you should be able to get the high heels you want in that store.

I hope you will be able to find something at the Transit store :(

The aldo version of that heels are available in size 10. But, I was unable to purchased them (I really want to get them...maybe later?) I'm glad to find a pair "similar" in the Transit store. The only difference between the Aldo version and Transit is the "back of the heels" The Transit one have a hole (you can see it in the last picture taken), not the Aldo one. And the heels itself aren't the same...

I've seen a pair in a clearance outlet store for Aldo, listed as size 10, but stamped size 40 underneath. I challenged the sales girl, who was quite insistent that 10 US is Eur 40. I bought the shoes anyway, since they were some nice gold heeled mules. I should take some pictures of them soon...

Need to be a little careful with ALDO. I found that there sizes can be off considerably. For example, a 42 Euro size is usually an 11 US size, but at ALDO it is a 12.

Really! My friend purchased many shoes and high heels at that store. She wears 7US and each time, the sale girl/man gives the right size (I mean....37).

Maybe the size can be different depend on the shoes model?

Need to be a little careful with ALDO. I found that there sizes can be off considerably. For example, a 42 Euro size is usually an 11 US size, but at ALDO it is a 12.

Designer names can be misleading in size, some will run a size small (like Kenneth Cole) others will run a size large. The only way you find out is to try them out. The toe box plays in a factor, for me any thing with a pointed toe box requires a size womens 12 or 13. Rounded or square toe box I will fit in between 11 and 12.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Thank you TheGuyWearingBoots! I saw once a girl wearning high heels while playing snookers. She was able to play the whole game...I didn't ask to her if their feets hurts. I continue to wear the high heels I purchased and I really don't regret it. They are so confortable....hum....If I could wear them 24h/24h :(

Bert, can't you return them? Also, sometimes it pays to ask in advance if the sizes for a particular brand run small, true, or larger than industry accepted standards. I sure hope this experience turns out well for you. :(

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

If you purchased designer shoes in an auction, normally, all sales are final and, if you purchased the wrong size... you realize the mistake after trying them :( Hope I will not having this mischance if I purchase the "gucci high heels of my dreams..." But normally, in a shoes store, you can return the shoes (unworn of course) 30 days after the day of purchase and the store will exchange the shoes for an another size (or model...)

>> listed as size 10, but stamped size 40 underneath. I challenged the sales girl, who was quite insistent that 10 US is Eur 40. <<

A Euro 40 is about a UK 7 or about US 8.5 maybe US 9 for some manufacturers.

>> maximum size is size 41 (a 7UK I think) <<

I think that Euro 41 is more like a UK 7.5 or so. Some mark it as UK 8.

>> She wears 7US and each time, the sale girl/man gives the right size (I mean....37). <<

A size 7 US is about UK 5.5 or maybe UK 5. A UK 5 is about a Euro 38 sometimes Euro 37 or so.

Ah, but they're not! And, therein lies the predicament.

Hummm...I realized that :( I think that the problem between size, model and company is that shoes maker use its own size template, so, a real size 7 can be a 8 even a 9...

So, I will be difficult to me to purchase high heels from a designer if I don't know their size template.

Sometimes shoes with the same brand name can vary in size from style to style. I like Bandolino shoes. I've many different styles with that label. Pumps, sandals, slides, boots, loafers and sport shoes. While I find the size on the shoe is more or less consistant from style to style, I do have one pair of Bandolino loafer style pumps with 3" heels, labeled in my correct size, that are two short for me to wear. The toebox is too small and narrow. When I discovered I was begining to develop a corn between my toes, I quit wearing them. This goes to show that you can't always tell how the shoe's going to fit unless you try them on before you buy them.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 6 months later...

Trying on shoes and boots in a shoe store or a department store shoe salon is probably the best thing as you can try several pairs until you find a perfect fit. That's O.K. if your emotionaly ready for this, but I'm not that far advanced yet. I know it is more work, but I have always, (when I have found something I like), purchased them first, tried them on at home, and returned them for another size if need be. I also purchase my shoes and boots through mail order and have only had to return a small number. This method has served me well and I have done this over a long period of years successfully. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

When ever my wife is shopping and sees a pair of shoes she thinks I will like, she buys them for me (in my size, of course). 90% of the time they fit perfectly. However, the big problem is that my taste in shoes is not the same as hers. So, at least once or twice a month, one of us usually winds up returning them. That being said, she has found some really great pumps, sandals and boots for me over the years. She knows I am partial to the brand "Wild Pair" and, although they are made in China these days, she will pick out a pair for me when ever she finds them in my size.

Believe me Dawn and others, once you break this inhibition about asking the shop assistant if you can try them on there and then, you'll love it! The lady assistants, especially the younger more free-thinking ones are really great. It's an absolute joy to be served by them and your embarrassment melts away in moments! I've swung from my early days when I made all sorts of excuses about being for my wife etc., to actually enjoying trying everything on in a cheerful way, with all the fuss and attention that these great young lady assistants usually offer. It's so EASY! They tell me that more and more guys are now going in and openly asking for high heels, so it's no big deal any more and you can just relax. Once you've bitten the bullet and done it once, believe me you'll never want to go back to skulking around. Just act with supreme confidence and keep smiling throughout. If any nearby girls start giggling at you, the trick is to enter into the fun of it and give them a huge grin back again and look as if you're thoroughly enjoying the whole thing! I often parade around them in the new heels and tell the what a knockout style they are! It's great! Try it! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

You're absolutely right, Heelfan. I made the same experience as you. When I started wearing heels in 1978 there was no other chance than buying them in a shop, because I didn't like the catalogue styles. At first I also made excuses (for my gf/mother and so on), but I only made a fool of myself and I think everyone in the shops realized it. But I have to admit that it took me almost ten years before I had the courage and the confidence to buy my heels openly. I also think that it might help to visit a smaller shoe store where there is a more personal atmosphere and you don't get the feeling that loads of people are watching you while you are trying on different pairs.

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone

Heelfan:-) Stilettofan:-) You fellows are experienced and have been doing this for a long period of time. Remember I just started street-heeling very recently and it may take me a long time to get to the level that you fellows have achieved. Using the method that the wife and I have been using lets her participate with me 100% and she gives me 100% support on this. I doubt very much if she would be comfortable sitting beside me in an open shoe salon while I try on shoes and boots among all of the other shoppers. Possibly we might start in the privacy of a back room on a one-to-one basis with a salesperson and then graduate later with confidence into the shoe salon area. I know that you fellows make it sound easy, but right now for us this would be in the future as we are not brave enough at this point in time. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Point taken! I wouldn't be 100% comfortable with my wife sitting next to me, because should there be an embarrassing atmosphere for any reason, I would be spreading it to her. However, much as we love each other, I don't think I have ever dragged her along to any of my shoe-shopping, or my shopping generally come to that. We spend our time together doing more meaningful things trips, walks, sightseeing, evenings out etc., but shopping! That is more mundane on the whole so we do it individually, hence no hangups for me in shoe shops! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Heelfan:-) My wife would not want to be in any position for embarrassment and I would not want her embarrassed either. I can see your point though. My parents did everything together and her parents did everything together. We are a product of those families so therefore we do everything together also. In all three families the women were sickly and needed constant attention. My wife is a number 2 diabetic, uses a cane, is blind in one eye and the other isn't top notch, and has had 3 strokes. She needs a lot of help and there is only the 2 of us. When one is missing, (which is very rare), everyone asks where the other one is. I don't drag her to shop for shoes or anything else. She loves shoes also and goes everywhere willingly. We plan and execute all of our activities together as her and my family did also. I do everything in my power to make sure that she enjoys life to the fullest and doesn't miss anything. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Oh! I see! So sorry I didn't imagine for one moment that she would be dependant on you like that, but of course, as another happily married man, now I fully understand your wish and need to be together constantly. In that context, it now makes me feel an utter prawn for inferring that maybe you could go shoe-shopping on your own! My apologies! Understandingly yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Heelfan:-) There is nothing to feel sorry for or nothing to apoligize for---you are being way too hard on yourself. There is no way you or anybody else would know the situation unless someone fully explained it to you. Ease up on yourself and relax---everything is fine with us. Thank goodness her mother, herself, and my Mom came across loving husbands willing to take care of them. I'm quite happy with the situation and I would'nt trade my wife Carol for a million dollars. In her own way she has repaid me a thousand fold already. Of course, if anything happened to her, needless to say, I would be quite lost for a while. Now to look on the brighter side of things for a change. This is my 500th post and I am using it to answer your 1000th post. I didn't plan it this way---it just worked out that way. Congratulations on your promotion and enjoy those new shoes you earned. Cheers always--- Dawn HH :D:D