Real women, real shoes

Meg-ann

Will you wear the stiletto boots when it snows? Is there a limit to Toronto weather conditions that allow for heel wearing? Calgary can put together some nasty winters, and stiletto heels become unsafe. Does that happen in Toronto? I have seen news footage of some very bad winter storms there. How does a girl cope? And I suppose that it is easier than living in Buffalo...

Hi, Meg-Ann. Glad to see you're conversing again. The last time we conversed on Jenny's board, you said you were wearing 6-inch heels to your spa on a regular basis. Is that still the case? If so, has it helped give your business the kind of image you want? Have you had any interesting experiences?

Here in Toronto the stiletto boots must be put away once in a while in favor of something high and chunky with traction. I Hat the really chunky boots but what can you do when mother nature kicks up a storm? Meg-ann High on Heels

I know what you meant about those winter storms. And the ugly, clunky boots that seem better suited to them. BLEH! I think all of us high heeled women should be driven around everywhere in fancy cars, so we would never need to walk in the snow, except by choice. Sure, we can wear boring boots to go out and play in the snow. Unless we wished to take pictures, then we cannot have anything but heels in such incriminating records! :(

I don't have any boots. Which I admit, is quite foolish given where I live. I wore my ankle boots with the four inch stiletto-esque heel a lot last winter, but they are now damaged and waiting for me to have a few dollars to see if the heel can be repaired on the right boot. Otherwise, Reeboks seem to be the thing I'm forced to wear. The boots sound nice, and I'll put aside my prejudice against platforms for a moment to suggest that you are lucky to have such a nice pair of boots for winter wear. :(

for safety in detroit's bad winter weather, i break out the reliable hiking/work boot without heels for the interest of fashion for the upcoming winter, ive bought another pair of thigh high black calfskin 5in heeled boots

the fastest way to this man's heart is with nice legs in high heels

It was cool and drafty for a couple of days last week so Kathy wore a pair of leather dress boots with 4 inch heels. These boots are about 15 years old and have semi-pointed toes and slender heels with a slight curve. She arrived in this country with almost nothing 24 years ago and takes exceptional care of her clothing (I on the other hand usually manage to destroy a pair of shoes every 9 to 12 months).

I wish they still made women's dress boots like those. I find most contemporary styles to be unsatisfying, an exception being the J Crew Uptown boots which regrettably have not been available since the beginning of 2003.

We will be visiting my brother near DC sometime in late January or early February and I thought Kathy might like to wear something a bit warmer. I've been trying to find something similar to the following elastic-topped leather boot advertised recently on eBay.

Posted Image

Wearing high heels and boots is a privilege Kathy has reserved for herself in our relationship. I consider myself fortunate however that she wears any footwear I ask her to, both indoors and out.

Michael

Hi Meg-ann, For all us guys here in Toronto who love the sight of stilettos, please wear them as long as you can. It looks like an early winter and we need something to brighten the long dull days ahead. KrisS

• 3 weeks later...

Today in Denver it was COLD! It was also a mixture of light snow, rain & drizzle . . . outcame my boots! The boots are about 10 years old, knee-high black patent w/ 5" stilettos (of course!) but still look fantastic. Lord knows how many pairs of heeltips I've replaced! Yes, I don't have to walk that far to the office. This makes the weather a non-issue. My legs do get cold especially the older I get. I also admit that I have a pair of heels in my desk . . . that were down getting new tips (oops!). I left home at 7:30 am. It's 8:13 pm & I just got home. No, I didn't take them off all day! I picked up my pumps after work and placed them safely in my desk! OP! Gotta ghange shoes & meet friends!

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

• 3 years later...

I don't think the winter isn't that bad in major cities of Canada, I've been to Vancouver, Toronto, London and Windsor. As long as city workers doing their jobs, I have no problem to walk on inch of snow with my high heel boots. I love wearing high heel boots to work, especially in winter. The leather inner lining cladding my legs, i feel totally protected and warm. But the roadsalt and snow can do damage on your leather boots. In winter I have my boots polished by the shoeshine guys daily. Just tip them well and they will do a good job. Alicia

Boot me up, Boot me down